Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, I'm a new member. I just got my first Land Rover, an LR3 SE (discovery 3) Black with Ebony interior, with the 7 seat, lighting, and cold climate packages. So far I'm really impressed with the way it feels on road, looking forward to trying it off road asap.

I'm also looking forward to being part of the forum.

Tony.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Go to a Landrover approved leaning centre as they will know how these go offroad and will be more use to you

Adam :beer:

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nothing?

Snagger said:
Get some off road tuition if you plan on using it off road - by the time you get that thing stuck, nothing will be able to reach you to pull you out!
Not even another Land Rover? Aw Come on, I doubt he'll take $50grand motor further in than any old series truck hasn't been a dozen times before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
off road tuition

I am getting some off road tuition for sure, I am planning on using the car off road a fair amount. thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
317 Posts
ferrino,
Well, if you're up near Albany I'm sure we could find some areas to get that thing muddy pronto...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks - I live down near the city but am often in upstate new york. can you recommend anywhere I should go a little closer than albany? where do you go wheeling in albany?

·
Registered
317 Posts
ferrino,
Well, available land is becoming more difficult to come by. I'm lucky enough to have neighbors and friends with multiple acres and a desire to see my truck get dirty...of course, offering them the wheel occasionally helps to sweeten the deal. There are also always power line trails, but these are really use at your own risk, even though they aren't posted as no trespassing.

Now, if you're in the city, the Pine Barrens in NJ shouldn't be that much of a hike for you. From what I understand there are also some areas in the Catskills, but I've never been on them.

Since you're interested, I'd also think that your LR dealer might have some info, especially since you just dropped a wad of cash there. That's certainly worth a phone call or a drop by.

Bogatyr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks

thanks for all the info Bogatyr!

I'd love to head up to Albany at some point. Someone else told me about the place in NJ, I may check that out and will certainly get some more info from my dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts