Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought my first Land Rover 2 weeks ago. It's a 1995 Classic LWB. It has 108,000 miles on it and everything works, except the cruise control... amazing. I guess Lucas the prince of Darkness was out sick on the day they built this one! ha ha.... it's all stock with the exception of having been converted to coil springs.

I took it to Jaguar Purrformance in Los Gatos earlier this week to get a post inspection done so I could find out what I had bought. They've been in business for 15 years and work on Jaguars and Land Rovers exclusively... anyhow, I ended up having them do a major service on it. The owner, Rick, was very nice and told me the Rover was actually in pretty good shape.

I still need to repalce all the brake pads and the steering track link, which is badly bent (as we discovered.) I ordered the needed parts from Atlantic British and will be working on it when they come.

While this is my first English car, I am no stranger to them. I've had some experience working on and/or driving Cortinas, Minis, Super 7s, and Series Land Rovers. And having owned 4 French cars, I feel I am demented enough to finally own a British car.

One of the reasons I started this site was to educate myself more on the marque. I look forward to learning more about my new Rover and sharing info with you all! :)

Serg

·
100 quids for a days work son..
240 Posts
Good deal on the Rover Serg, nice color too! ( British Racing Green ) I had a few British cars while I was in High School but no as fun as this 88 Classic.. Sure the MG and the Spitfire was fun but hehe broke down too much.. Any who here she is...

·
100 quids for a days work son..
240 Posts
SSF by the airport.. have a little dirt lot 2 blocks from my place where I go dirtbiking and about 4 walls to climb for the Rover,too steep to climb for dirtbikes but awsome going down it and when it gets muddy, WOO HOO !

here is 2 of the little walls:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=/dca4&.dnm=74fc.jpg

Well if you ever get lost in this area give it a go.. I'll be glad to show you the lot.. oh ya the police told me it's okay to ride and drive on this lot :D

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet!! I'll take you up on that after I get the track rod replaced. Looks like a nice little hill!

Serg

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as I stated in the other post, the brake pads and the tie rod went on yestedray. Still need to align it... I am realy digging this thing.. the M3 has just been sitting in the garage as I have been driving this to work daily. However the mileage really sucks, as expected.

Serg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations on the new site Serg. I'm a Land Rover enthusiast who has spent eight years in the late eighties/nineties working for a Land Rover dealer and caught the bug. Although I have yet to own one, I am currently looking for a Pembroke Gray 1992 Classic. I would like a California car if possible. I've already got all the literature.......just need the Rover. Anyway.....I probably know some of the same people as you, as I worked in San Jose for 16 years until three months ago.
Good Luck on the site and I look forward to checking in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Classic

Congratulations on this new Forum!

I am from the Philippines. I've always loved English cars - especailly Jaguars and Land Rovers. Below is a picture of my 1994 Range Rover Vogue SEi. I own a couple of Land Rovers but am especially fond of this car of mine. I guess that's why they're called Classics!

To those who come from the Norhtern California area, San Francisco is 2nd home to me. We have a place in the city and I went to school at Menlo College in the Atherton area.

Congratulations again! :clap:

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Welcome to Rovers.
I had been haunting a Rover/Jag repair shop for 5 years before I was able to get my Rangie. This is a great site and looks like it is really taking off.

PS What is all that white stuff in those pics on your photo album??? That's got to be annoying to find your truck covered in that all the time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Land Rover dealer/importer in the Philippines

sunshadow said:
Congratulations on this new Forum!

I am from the Philippines. I've always loved English cars - especailly Jaguars and Land Rovers. Below is a picture of my 1994 Range Rover Vogue SEi. I own a couple of Land Rovers but am especially fond of this car of mine. I guess that's why they're called Classics!

To those who come from the Norhtern California area, San Francisco is 2nd home to me. We have a place in the city and I went to school at Menlo College in the Atherton area.

Congratulations again! :clap:

hi SUNSHADOW,

am interested in Land Rovers and wondering where you acquired your vehicles as there seems to be no official distributor/dealer/importer in the Philippines. nice RR , btw. :wave:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Jei!

We do have a Land Rover dealer here. Jaguar Cars is the new dealer of Land Rovers. They offer the D110, Range Rover, Discovery and Freelander. The old dealer used to be BMW Prestige Cars until they sold Land Rover to Ford.

My Land Rovers come from Europe, USA and Dubai. Everytime I go to Bangkok, I end up going to THAI ULTIMATE CAR. It's a long ways from the City proper but it's worth the trip. The prices of spare parts are very reasonable.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts