Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mates

After I get the head gasket problem fixed, right after connecting and disconnecting the battery so many times the car alarm is possesed

The rear window goes down when I unlock the alarm and It won´t go up even from the switch in the front panel.

If I unlocked with the key rather than the remote..same story, if I try to move the rear window up with the key in the back door it goes down again after a BEEP sound.

The only way I can get it up without problems is by setting the alarm and then when everything is locked I move up the window with the key...but again the same BEEP sounds.

I could use a little bit of help

:dunno:

·
Registered
110 Posts
The handbook is quite clear on what has to be done with respect to disconnecting the battery and the alarm system and the back window - it also outlines the procedure to get them up and going again. I am at work and don't have the handbook but if you don't get an answer by the time I get home (about 7 hours time) I will post a quote from it for you.

Have you got the handbook? :D

Gazzz

·
Registered
110 Posts
Security system – If the battery is disconnected the status of the security system prior to disconnection will be memorized and automatically reset when the battery is reconnected – however the handset will have to be resynchronized.

Resynchronising the handset – operate either button of the handset at least 5 times in quick succession in close proximity to the car or insert the key with the handset attached into the starter switch and turn to position ‘II’ – the handset is now ready for use.

Rear Glass – If the battery has been disconnected, the taildoor glass will need to be calibrated. If the alarm was armed when the battery disconnected, disarm the alarm after reconnection – the glass will fully lower. This will happen automatically if the alarm was in a disarmed state when the battery was disconnected. After battery reconnection, fully raise the glass (if the glass is not fully raised, an error ‘beep’ will sound) – the taildoor glass is now recalibrated.

Note the glass can be raised using the key inserted the rear door and turning clockwise and holding. The glass can be lowered by holding the handset unlock button down for more than 2 seconds.

I would have posted this earlier but my handset has failed so my car is still at work and I had to catch the bus home. My emergency code doesn’t work and I have been meaning to have my spare handset coded but never got around to it – the auto club will be towing the car to the stealer tomorrow so that spare handset can be recoded. The broken handset has some broken solder joints in the battery area so I will resolder and see what happens.

Hope this helps

Garry

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If Garrycol's advice does not work, as THE POPE, you will need to perform the Rite of Exorcism. This is often practiced by some dealerships when faced with seemingly supernatural phenomena otherwise known as 'breakdowns'. The methods employed are usually the same but not necessarily performed in any specific order, you could intergrate some of the moves into your own ritual.

Walk around the car a number of times either clockwise or anti-clock wise mumbling specific explicits, followed by opening the front door and pulling the hood/bonnet latch; pressing all interior buttons and toggle switches sometimes helps. Open the hood/bonnet and peer into the enginebay at the motor with hatred burning in your eyes, followed by more chanting of explicits. Jiggle all unknown wires (more explicits),and twist off the washer bowl, power steering, and radiator overflow reservoir caps and peer inside (more explicits). Kick tires, slam doors and fiddle with the transfer knob, as I do. If the car starts after all this has been done, then the exorcism has been a success. If not, then it can't be possessed, but has some other electrical problem.:D Yes, yes, I know, I'm leaving already!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Garry

Good Luck with the handset...I will try to do as told, I´ll let you know if it works.

By the way, have a couple of uncoded handset brand new and i want them to be coded, where should I go, I do not have a LR dealer here or anywhere close.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Didn´t work at all, I have to drive with taildoor window open till I fix the problem. I did the thing with the handset but the window always goes down again after the beep, even when I roll it up completely.
You quote:
After battery reconnection, fully raise the glass (if the glass is not fully raised, an error ‘beep’ will sound) – the taildoor glass is now recalibrated.

The Beep always sounds...I have disconnected and connected the battery and same story, the beep sounds even when the window is fully up.

Is there any way to reset the whole alarm system?, this might help

Quite lost!!!

:dunno:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry - never been in the position myself - what I listed above is straight out of the handbook - so can't help further with this one.

Good news on my front - resoldered the dry joints on my handset - all now works.

Also found out why my emergency procedure doesn't work - the procedure is written in the handbook but also has pictures on what way to turn the key etc - so why bother read the instructions just follow the pictures - wrong. Even though the car is right hand drive ie the key lock is in the right hand drivers door, the pictures are for a left hand drive car so even though I had the correct code, I was turning the door key in the wrong direction. So my car is back on the road without having to go to the stealers - I still need to get my spare fob coded though - will do next week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent the LR to an electroshop to be checked, I have read the handbook thoroughly (I found it) and it also says that when the rear wiper is not functioning the tailwindow rolls down for security.

I have checked all fuses this morning and realized the wiper one was melt...I have replaced it but nothing happens, so I hope it might be a relay or something easy to manage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wassup Fellas

The Bad News Go on!!!

I have taken the freelander to a Electroshop and they have put the scanner and everything seems fine...so they say the Electronic Central Unit should be bad (P/N YWC106080).

Do u agree with these...all relays and fuses are OK and I did a thousand times what is written in the handbook regarding recalibrating both the handset and the tailgate window.

I would like your feedback, should I try to open the ECU and see if there is a relay or transistor melted?

Can I reset the ECU- Meaning the Alarm System?

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.