Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Jorge,
Was Axel's truck an original CT Support Truck? Who are those wheels made by? They're very smart looking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TerryS said:
Jorge,
Was Axel's truck an original CT Support Truck? Who are those wheels made by? They're very smart looking.
I know that this Series was originally equiped in England in the 70s for an Expedition (No CT) that started in Germany, when thru Africa and ended in Chile. One of the members of the expedtion fell in love in Chile and never returned to Germany..Axel found it in warehouse in pieces, bought it, and spend 2 years in his restoration. He replaced the original engine with a Diesel Nissan BD30 3.000cc. The tires are BGoodrich MT 285/75R16 other equipment include:

Hydraulic Winch
Double tank
hydraulic Steering

Saludos

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
And my son doesn't understand why I want one so bad.
Those pics right there make me crazy! I think I've got wood.
He thinks the 109" is such an ugly vehicle. I've tried to explain to him why they are beautiful. Somewhere I have failed as a father figure.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Chango said:
I know that this Series was originally equiped in England in the 70s for an Expedition (No CT) that started in Germany, when thru Africa and ended in Chile. One of the members of the expedtion fell in love in Chile and never returned to Germany..Axel found it in warehouse in pieces, bought it, and spend 2 years in his restoration. He replaced the original engine with a Diesel Nissan BD30 3.000cc. The tires are BGoodrich MT 285/75R16 other equipment include:

Hydraulic Winch
Double tank
hydraulic Steering

Saludos
285x75 is huge on a series, but the 3 litre Nissan is so strrong, it probably can still pull a house down. I was actually asking about the rims. They look like beadlocking modulars, but never seen them before.
I agree Okie, but give it time. My son came around eventually. Now he has more Rovers than I do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TerryS said:
285x75 is huge on a series, but the 3 litre Nissan is so strrong, it probably can still pull a house down. I was actually asking about the rims. They look like beadlocking modulars, but never seen them before.
I agree Okie, but give it time. My son came around eventually. Now he has more Rovers than I do.
The wheels are BBS (Italian), Camel Trophy series, specially made for Land Rovers...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Awesome Pics!!!!

las fotos estan increibles al igual que los carros!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts