Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
looks like this is going to be a good site, i like the Hybrid section
my Landy is a S2 109 shortened to 100inc with a 90 front, then fitted to a Rangerover chassis 3.5 V8 pas etc, full arc cage fuel cell in the rear tub with battery, one of exhaust system exits through x member, pro comp +2 lift 33/12.5/15 mud's, buckets and harnesses and its nato green :clap:

Suggs (aka Harry Essex)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tips on Hybrid - Where to start

I am contemplating building a Hybrid based on a Range Rover chassis - with Series 2 or 3 body. Whats the best approach? modify the chassis to fit Series Body or just add outriggers and cut down a 109 rear body?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yep may have been in LRO, i bought it from Ebay the seller was local so had a deal with him, can you remember what the price in LRO was????.
The wings have been cut away like a Lighweight to give max clearence, as for building a hybrid im not the man to advise you but i would rather cut the body than cut the chassis, in my opinion having a 100inch chassis with minimal body overhang seems to be one of the best type's off roaders like a Bobtail etc.

cheers
H :drive:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yattalunga said:
I am contemplating building a Hybrid based on a Range Rover chassis - with Series 2 or 3 body. Whats the best approach? modify the chassis to fit Series Body or just add outriggers and cut down a 109 rear body?
What do you want to know? :D What do you want your hybrid to do? an off road toy? a racer? a workhorse? a posing mobile? as your answer will dictate the way you go about the build.

Hows this fer a hybrid! :drive:

Disaster Management Racing Scottish Hill Rally Photo Gallery 2004

YES it is a Landy, essentially it is a mid-engined range rover a very special landy, it's called a "SuggBugg" - the forerunner of the Simmbugghini. This is belived to be the ONLY surviving prototype of 6 built.

Not mine :bawling: but I have the distinct pleasure of co-driving it on hill rallies here in the UK. (I'm the fat bstrd standing up with the neck brace).

If you need any advice about building a hybrid then give me a shout, I've just moved beyound the "contemplating stage" and am onto the start stage at the mo, though I am actually building a 90 defender out of a rangie - all will be revealed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Building a hybrid - mod the chassis or the tray?

Hi Again,

I want to build a bit of a toy for fooling around off road (mud/rock/sand) and on our hilly property (keeping cg low or else) with as much RR chassis/running gear as possible to get through local (South Australia) rechassis/rebody rules. I have a bit of rangie stuff lying around. I would prefer to add to a RR chassis rather than cut anything down. Looking at using a SI 107 or 109 open top ex army body but that depends on whether I can cut short or not. Looking for advice on what works/doesnt etc.

cheers,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Suggs,

Any chance of you getting underneath sometime and taking a few photos of the firewall/outrigger mods, the rear member mod? looks like yours was done well - is the fuel tank like RR is is it a side tank?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yattalunga
yep no problem mate ill do that, but the beast is in a workshop at the moment having some wireing sorted out, so when i get her back ill post some pic's for you, should be the end of the week

Cheers

H

·
Registered
17 Posts
What A Beast!!!

lOOKS AWESOME. makes me want to use one of the old series 2 or 3 have in my w/shop to start a project. I even have 3.5 v8 out of a County although my Ford passion would have me use a windsor. Probably 302 and auto. MORE POWER!! OOOHHH YEEAH :buttrock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts