Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been lurking around here long enough. I thought it was only right to finally send in a jpeg of my 64 IIA.

She's called "Rosie" when she runs and "The shed" when she doesn't.

This is a great forum BTW.

·
JesusIsLord
185 Posts
Great pic brother! I like the old rigs. Looks pretty cold up there! :wave: Welcome aboard! :buttrock:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Pretty sweet! I love Defenders but if given the chance, I'd jump at an oldie. The romance, the feel of the open road going 45 mph, feeling every bump...man, I need to date more. But seriously, pretty cool truck.

Take some action pics and post them. I'd like to know how these legendary oldies perform.

·
JesusIsLord
185 Posts
Hey I see you're from Ontario. I have some great friends who went to Ottawa to start a church. www.andyandgen.com

I'll probably be going up to see them sometime. If you're close maybe we can hook up and hit the trails :clap:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the welcome.

I'm actually about 8 hours travel, (make that 12hours travel and 24 hours hearing loss in a IIa), from Ottawa. Thanks for the invite tho.

I love the IIa. Kids laugh and point at it when they see it on the road. And anyone who's ever been in one will stop you in parking lots to tell you the story. To think I almost bought an FJ-40!! :eek:

Behind Rosie in that picture is an old road that beavers flooded out for about one consession. The bottom is firm and the water comes to just over the hubs.

That picture is from a year ago December and I was breaking about 3 inches of ice as I went. I messed up early on and slipped my front passenger tire off the road and into the swamp. It took me about a 20 foot run backward and six attempts to get it back on the road. The rest of the way was a very cautious crawl as I guessed where the road was by centering myself between the dead trees on either side. It's a great little drive in the summer when you can see where the "road" is. I wouldn't do it in the winter time again, that is not without another 4x4 along, or a winch.

Things I gotta do;
- find that damn gas leak
- get my blinkers working
- replace my hub seals and the studs I pulled out
- adjust the clutch
- once all that's done, parabolics and some better tires.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Welcome, Canuck! Great to have you, and nice rig. Since you're one of the relatively few who live far enough north to drive through ice, you gotta keep them pics coming. Guess that means you'll need a 4x4 buddy for those cold winter days... I'd volunteer, but I'd need about a week to get there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.