Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Modified 2000 Discovery

I'm still fairly new to landroversonly.com and I'm finding lot of helpful information from you all. I thought I'd post some pics of our 2000 Discovery that i've made a few modifications to... :D
What I've done so far:
- 03'-04' headlamp conversion -
- 18" Hurricanes
- Removed mudflaps
- Hood Black-Out
- Northwest Parts Voyager (contractor) Rack
- 1" lift
- Northwest Parts Ladder
- G4 A-bar
- 04' Front Bumper with fogs, Grill and Tail Lights
- Factory Running Boards

I am selling the 2000 front bumper with fogs, rear bumper lenses and rear upper tail lamps. Manik Nerf Bars, G4 tail lamp guards, 19" Rangie wheels - If you are interested drop me an email: [email protected]

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
That looks BADASS!! I love those wheel and the clean white look... man it looks so good as is...

Serg

· Registered
146 Posts
That is the best looking disco I have seen in a long time

Adam :beer:

· Registered
590 Posts
IB,
How much was the headlamp conversion?

What does black out teh hood mean?

Is that liek having the hood painted black? That is what I am going to do with mine, satin black.

How do you not have even one pock mark on your front bumper/spoiler and hood lol

Do you just drive around the neighborhood, lol

Man I wish my 2000 Disco was that clean still.

4,346 Posts
WOW, that is one SWEET lookin Rover!..MAN thats nice!!..Is that your rover on CarDomain that shows the conversion process? The Hoo Blackout would definately give it a nice touch! It'll also be very functional since your truck is white! Geeze that must be harsh on the eyes!

Hailsharky - You don't HAVE to paint your hood you know, ViggsDesign has the Vinyl decal that does on there so if in the future you want to take it off you can and you dont have to repaint the hood. Only diff is that when you take the decal off, that area will look clean while the rest of the hood is all scratched up and faded...so its up to you. For extra protection, some people have even put Rhino Liner on their hood. I've also see Diamond Plate

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The conversion wasn't that expensive thanks to Ebay :D If you click on the Red Rhino link (top right) they sell the hood blackout also - it is a large decal that will reduce glare. And as clean as she is - she has gotten dirty.
01001010 I did have the install posted on Cardomain, but I had WAY too many emails. Now i just have the truck.

4,346 Posts
I can imagine. Name's JC. Man if you're ever in Florida let me know man! :wave: Big Cypress has a 26-mile long trail that won't get her too dirty but still provides nice off-road driving and awsome scenery!

Here's a pic of my baby...

I've already taken those stinkin running boards off, got her an Optima Batt. OME Damper. Changing the Headliner to a leather one. Skit Plates, SD Roofrack and LR BrushBar on the way. :wave:

· Registered
590 Posts
I still cant get a price on that 03 headlamp conversion.

I like it.

and as far as my hood, it looks like crap on the front where the Land Rover name is.
I thought of having the hood painted with some kind of burly black paint like rhino lining. My fiance thinks im nuts because it looks too nice for a black hood, lol

Everything else is primo.

I wash it every week and wax once a month.

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The price on the conversion could vary depending on where you get all your parts. I've seen 03 headlamps for 1k a pair! I got mine on Ebay for dirt cheap! less than $200 for the pair. All the finishing trim I bought from the dealer and I made connectors for the wiring. The install cost about $500. I'm thinking I should start my own business :rolleyes:

· Registered
444 Posts
HAHA... that is one sweet looking truck. Look forward to seeing it in person. :wave:
That's a lot of mods in such a short time. I am jealous now, I have to go wipe up the drool now :drink1:

· Registered
1,506 Posts
cellulararrest said:
lookin' great! love the rack!
I don't see a rack :wave:

Cool color!!!!! :buttrock:

· Registered
53 Posts
:)

Not as clean as yours, but close :drink1: Sadly the 19's had to go. After a few mild trails I had to give them up... any way you slice and dice it, they just can't cut it. Also, the cheapest MTR I found was $400 a pop, imported. I've got two sets of 16's now :drive: I'm in Folsom, by the way. Let me know if you are up for hitting some trails anytimes soon.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.