Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sliding shade that you can close to block the sun broke. It wasn't latched all the way and flew back, and the little plastic clip broke off. Does anyone have any solutions on how to fix, or get a replacement? I tried looking for the piece that flew off to glue it back together, but can't find it. I thought that maybe tinting the moonroof would work, but after researching, I have heard it could cause the moonroof to crack due to heat issues.

Help is much appreciated!

·
MG
771 Posts
Same thing happened to us a few years ago, right around the birth of our first son, thus we had to get it fixed. To make the long story short, we ended up putting one of the "Safety 1st" shades (the kind you can put just about anywhere with 4 suction cups). Three years later, still going strong!

I'll be paying attention to this thread...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Could you go to the hardware store and buy some thin wood veneer and cut it to fit in the slide. It will take some playing with, but I imagine it would work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
me.guevara,

Do you have to remove the shade when you open the moonroof? or can it stay on? I feel that removing it all the time would get to be a p.i.t.a.

If not, that may be my best solution. I still may order that clip and see if it works. I wish there were more pictures of it, or a better description of it.

Thanks!

Don

·
MG
771 Posts
The only thing we do with the Safety 1st shade is put it back once in a blue moon because the suction cups lose their grip. Otherwise, opening and closing is normal. The airflow in and around the open and retracted roof is not so considerable as to rip off the shade, at least it hasn't happened to us.

I've added the clip to my Christmas list.

Cheers!

·
MG
771 Posts
Any baby store should carry those shades, but I imagine that the auto parts store should have them as well. I don't think that you have much choice in sizes, I know we didn't. If you like, I can go measure mine (as soon as I get my truck back from the mechanic).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.