Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the very clear review. I am picking up my new LR3
tomorrow and will certainly ask my dealer some questions you asked.
I am also very much surprised that their is no lock on the fuel opening.
I willn have the diesel engine and this is supposed to be a very good one as well.

Marc

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Thanks for the review..... :clap:

Even in the 21 century, I see it is tougher to write good ducumentation than to design a beautiful car. Ford, the new overlords of LandRover, wanted that product to seize as much market share as possible.

ByTheWay, that resonance at higher speed is probably a by-product of the treads on the tyres. If you are so inclined, you could try a swap out with a different set and run it on a familiar piece of road. My michelins do the same at 80 mph, so much so that I use it as an audible remainder of going too fast.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
marcholland said:
Thanks for the very clear review. I am picking up my new LR3 tomorrow and will certainly ask my dealer some questions you asked.
I am also very much surprised that their is no lock on the fuel opening.
I will have the diesel engine and this is supposed to be a very good one as well.
Marc
Yes, the diesel is meant to be great. And in Holland (I used to live in Huizen, NH by the way) Diesel is a good option... when the V8 uses 12.5l/100km!

·
Registered
17 Posts
mwillems said:
Yep - I am Canadian AND Dutch; a dual national.

My experience with the car is fine so far - nothing to complain about. Enjoy!
So, I picked up my car. Great first drive ! Diesel engine is as smooth as it
can be. no comparison with the LR2 diesel. dealer was surprised about all
the info I picked up from this website.

What kind of phone system do you have in your car. I got bluetooth
now . LR/ Nokia system is still not ready. Hope this Motorola bluetooth
carkit will work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
marcholland said:
Good morning Michael Willems ! I checked out the lock on the fuel opening
but their is one ! When you double click your (superlock) car, the
fuel opening is locked as well!
Did you try this already ?
Unfortunately, it seems that in Canada and the US they left out the lock. Trying to save money perhaps!

Michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discovery 3

Hi guys, I am test driving a new Discovery 3 2.7 diesel tomorrow. I currently drive a Nissan Patrol 3.0 diesel LWB. I offroad, nothing serious but as I live in Spain, NE, I head to the pyrennees a lot , in snow and also up dirt roads, alot of the summer is spent in loose sand , trying to find a quiet spot on the beach. In the past I have owned a MIT pajero, 2.5 ltr diesel, and off course the Nissan , all have handled well off road,but I am a little worried about the reliability of the Land Rover, any thoughts or input would be appreciated, thanks , regards Tomundefinedundefined :wave:

·
Registered
17 Posts
obyone67 said:
Hi guys, I am test driving a new Discovery 3 2.7 diesel tomorrow. I currently drive a Nissan Patrol 3.0 diesel LWB. I offroad, nothing serious but as I live in Spain, NE, I head to the pyrennees a lot , in snow and also up dirt roads, alot of the summer is spent in loose sand , trying to find a quiet spot on the beach. In the past I have owned a MIT pajero, 2.5 ltr diesel, and off course the Nissan , all have handled well off road,but I am a little worried about the reliability of the Land Rover, any thoughts or input would be appreciated, thanks , regards Tomundefinedundefined :wave:
I don't think you need to worry about liability so much anymore. Much has
improved. I just traded my Disco 2 for a Disco 3. An amazing difference.
I did love my Disco2 and in the 146000 km I just had a problem once.
This is, I think, pretty normal furthermore just a lot of fun with this car.
The Disco 3 has been tested and tested and with the top- diesel engine which has been used for quiet some time now, I do not expect any trouble. The only problem land rover I had was one of the first Freelanders on the market, but also these cars run very well these days.
Go for it !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.