Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is: 25% Peak Coolant + 74% Distilled Water + 1% Water Wetter

1) Drain Coolant System
2) Flush Coolant System with hose for a long time until fresh water comes out.
3) Add my formula as stated above. You will need 1 jug of PEAK plus one bottle of Water Wetter. Then add distilled water until all air is out of the unit. Tighten the bleed screw.

**** NEVER USE ORANGE DEX UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR RADIATOR DESTROYED AND HEAD GASKETS RUINED*****

Ever since I added this 25/74/1 formula my car runs a little cooler and I've had near ZERO issues for a full 25,000.00 miles.

Yes. Your all welcome. No applause please. No really. A standing ovation is not necessary. Take a seat. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
First, you never flush our radiator with tap water, the calicum build up will kill your radiator. Second, you always run a 50/50 mix not a 25/75 mix of coolant, that hold true for all vehicles.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
25% Peak Coolant + 74% Distilled Water + 1% Water Wetter
If you're needing to use water wetter to keep from overheating then you have cooling system problems. It's not really needed.
25% coolant is low, see chart below.

First, you never flush our radiator with tap water, the calicum build up will kill your radiator.
Provided you drain the cooling system afterwards there should be little concern, especially if you then fill with distilled and drain again.
Also, few people are setup to power flush with distilled water.

Second, you always run a 50/50 mix not a 25/75 mix of coolant, that hold true for all vehicles.
Personally I run 50/50, but:

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
25% antifreeze(not coolant) is enough to satisfy system requirements for cavitation, and boiling point. In Texas it is a known practice where the temperature sucks on a daily basis. We mighta hit freezing twice last winter. Antifreeze is not coolant soo your car will run 10 degrees cooler with the setup described but I agree its a bandaid. I've always considered anything over 50% antifreeze to be more damaging than a little less. Who the hell needs to protect against-50°...I'm sure people out there need it but maybe they should get a dog sled. The more the boiling point goes up and freezing point down that much more is lost in cooling capabilities.

Also its much easier to run a lower degree thermostat and normal coolant mix. I just buy the crap already mixed.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Hey, bottom line you have 2 people who have more then 50 years experience that agree what you are suggesting is not something I want promoted on this site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts