Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Range Rover, it's a 1997 Range Rover 4.0 SE, and I can't get the radio to come on. The closest dealer is about an hour away from me and I don't have time to take it in, so I am trying to figure it out on my own. I know it is in the anti theft mode, and I got the code for getting it back on, but to no avail. Can anyone tell me the proper sequence entering the code? I turned the key one click, have the power on to the radio, let it sit for one hour, then I get lost....do i enter the code, turn the car on then the code, turn the car off then the code....I'm lost and need help. Thanks, Nate :drink1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
A bit late

Hello,

I hope you manage to solve the problem.
I hadthe same story. The radio did not show "CODE". Actually according to the dealer you must wait some times few days beforethe radio show "CODE" and is ready to accept a code.
Here is the instruction from LR.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would pull out the radio from the dash first. Pop the plastic front panel off, then use small screwdrivers to poke the small holes on top of the radio. Pull the radio straight out. There is a "reset" button somewhere on the radio housing (maybe front bottom?) Push it with the screwdriver again. You can have the radio on or off when you do this. Then put it back in the slot, put the cover on, ect. Turn the key to the radio power position, turn the radio on so it says code, and punch in your 4 digits. The radio within like a second should switch to the tuner mode and be fine. If not, leave the radio on so it says code or wait, whatever, then leave the key in the on (first) position for an hour or so, and try again. (No reset this time) If not, call the dealer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
golfpro,

mine is 1991 but 1) turn on ignition, 2) turn on radio, 3) see "Code" on radio display, 4) carefully punch in code, 5) hear beep that code is accepted. Ready to roll. If you make error turn off radio and turn on again. (no waiting)

Carefully = make sure the button is fully pressed but not twice

Reset needed every time power lost. I have had this occure with very weak battery at start-up also.

I had a time where it would not accept code. I just kept trying at stop lights and it kicked in after 100 times. Now works fine. (?????)

·
Registered
22 Posts
97 LRRR Radio Code

I know this is an old post but I have a similar situation.

My problem is that I can't get the screen to ask for 'Code In'.

I disconnected the neg terminal of the battery (as suggested by the dealer) and after a few minutes reconnected. Turned on radio to enter the Code but all I get is a lit screen that is blank. If I press the On and BND buttons at the same time I can get the radio/cd to play for 2 minutes before it shuts off with the screen still lit and blank. I even pulled and disconnected the radio and reinstalled but same results.

Any suggestions/ideas on how to access the 'Code In' screen would be sooooo helpful so I can reactivate the radio/cd player. This is the stock radio that came with the car. I really miss it.

Thanks.:dunno:

·
Registered
22 Posts
LCD Replacement

I got my radio to finally take the Code and it's working fine. But . . . the radio screen is lit but no info so I assume the LCD is burned out. Does anyone know if this is replaceable and where/how to start this repair without sending the radio away for $200? Thanks.:drive:

·
4.6HSE
16 Posts
I have a 97 HSE. Same problem. Push the band button for a minimum of 4 seconds and let off. It will reset your radio. The cd player will work about a minute later

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wait...after i sits for an hour you have to put the code back in?

I just hooked my radio back up after getting it fixed and I needed to reset it and I let it sit for an hour and it still said CODE

·
Registered
1 Posts
No Band Button

2000 Disc ll w/Harmon Cardon radio. Tis doesn't have a band button like the Alpine radios do. What is the button combination for this radio to get it out of the "WAIT" state?

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2001 RR CLASSIC radio cassette wouldn't come on then after 200 presses it came on. with control Only from the wheel. then after steeling stations it Stuck on just a Squeal cannot get it off. just on all the time the Ign is on? I'm was ready to but a 2nd hand one. is this on Cactus? or retrievable. thanks guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts