Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Well im sure the people remember the rain we had in the northeast last month... well apparently while i was out having fun i was being spied on. Today I got my local paper and this is what was on the FRONT PAGE. Hope everyone enjoys. :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case anyone can't read the caption it says:

"Where's the fire??? A Land Rover speeds through flooding at the intersection of South Branch Road and West County Drive on Oct. 12. George Hunter, who lives nearby and took this photo, joked that the photo actually shows the Navy testing submarines. He said motorists who drive through the flooded roadway often end up with tickets -- if they make it through"

·
Registered
106 Posts
do people really get tickets for driving thru flooded road sections? What a joke. If the dam city built it right from the beginning, then we wouldnt have that problem then would we. Cool pic tho. have you extended your diff breathers? if not, prolly want to change those diffs then, water could be a floating inside.

·
Registered
128 Posts
JMan said:
do people really get tickets for driving thru flooded road sections?
Yeah, they do. We had some serious rain, and the road in front of the dealership was flooded. We have only one entrance. It was perhaps a foot deep, nothing for a Land Rover. The fuzz had the road blocked with barriers at the end of the block. I went through a few times, slowly, and they waved me through. Our lotman went through quickly, the cop motioned for him to stop, and he didn't. He also soaked the cop. He got a ticket. The cop came screaming into the parking lot behind the lotman and wrote him up right in the lot.

·
2,986 Posts
Haha, I've been waiting for the day where I get to a road that is blocked off by cops because of flooding. I'll ask them "Is it under 4ft?" and if they say yes, I just nod my head and say "ok, i'll be fine."

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just thinking about it.... do i really look like a submarine? :complain: lol, and also, i was not speeding... i was going like 20 and the speed limit is 40 on that road

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
llesra said:
sweet! i wish i was in the news paper.

thats a bunch of crap if the police will ticket somebody driving through a flooded street. they've got better things to do.

Like pull over cute blondes!!!! :D LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.