Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

On my 93 RRC LSE 4.2ltr I have a socket on the parcel tray side. I've included a couple of pictures showing the socket. It looks like a mono jack. I'm trying to determine what it is used for.

I've managed to trace most of the wire, but the critical purple wire goes into the body and that one is proving difficult to trace. I've included a picture of the circuit I've traced so far (the hand drawn bit).

I thought it was something to do with the Clarion amplifier as it takes a spliced feed off the amp's green power cable (and the socket looks like something from a 70's stereo system), but I'm not sure about that.

I'm also wondering if it is something to do with the fuel filler cap, in case the electronic locking stops working.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Many thanks
NKG

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
hard to tell what it is from the pictures? some kind of power jack. i would bet that the wire that you cant trace goes to 12v hot, maybe always hot. can you check it with a dmm? its not a ciagrette lighter jack is it? anyway looks to me like an auxiliary power jack for something - air compressor, stereo, etc...
where do the N and WO wires comming in to the stereo wiring come from power and ground? are they key on or???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello

Thanks for the replies. It does have 12v to it with the ignition switch on. Must be a special for something like a fridge.

cheers
NKG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello

One of the other forum guys came up with the answer, a merit socket. A 12v socket, similar in looks (smaller diameter) to a cigarette lighter.

NKG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts