Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kind of a long story but,,,2 main reasons:

1. When I first bought my Disco it wasn't for wheelin'. I used to go camping w/ my kids almost every weekend. So the rack was very useful for hauling gear. Since then, over the past 2 years, I've been building up the Rover more for wheelin' and the rack has outlived it's utility. Without it, I look naked,,,, but have a lower COG and pick up fewer tree branches. Out here it's rocky trail running & rock crawling, so I'm better off w/out it, from a purely technical point of view. When I do haul gear, I can fit it in the rear anyway, as it's usually just me & the boys. (My wife's idea of camping is an RV,,,mine's about 1 step away from Ranger school...)

2. I just sold my house in the 'burbs. Moving into a condo & a more urban environment (plan is to get some land out in the middle of nowhere & have the condo during the week & the woods on the weekends,,will probably buy back east). So I need to fit into my parking garage as I can't leave it on the street.

· Mod. --- I'm watching you
319 Posts
So are you going to sell your lights?... hint hint hint ;) If you decide to get a house or land out this way be it in MA or RI I can get you a mortgage.

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm selling 3 of 'em, but already have a buyer--sorry Dark :eek:
It depends on whether or not my co. opens up an operation back East, and where. If they don't,,,or if they put it in Southeast,,,we'll probably be looking at PA or VA.

I went to B.C. and am pretty familiar w/ New England,,, but MA prices are just too high. Especially now after the recent boom. Perhaps prices will come down a bit in the next few years (not to jinx your business!).

· Mod. --- I'm watching you
319 Posts
Actually the prices should come down. And that's great for my business, because then more people will be able to afford houses ;)

· Registered
674 Posts
hey scuzzle - let me know if you plan on heading out to Northern VA - I have many contacts and could send you info on the area whenever you like - also if you are out this way we can have a few pints :drink1: :beer: ...PS I used to live in Broomfield (4yrs) so I know what the change ot the east coast is like....

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man I LOVE Virginia,,,and WV, PA, etc. I was born in PA, in fact, and have been out in CO for the past 11 yrs. No doubt CO is great,,,great weather,,,wheelin' paradise. But I also miss the trees,,,,it's VERY dry out here. Plus land is very expensive up in the mtn's. I can get a pretty sweet piece of land back east for much less. The only thing I don't miss is the damn humidity,,, but I guess you can't have the trees w/out the damp.

I have some in-laws and buddies in northern VA so I'll definately look you up next time I'm out there !!

· Registered
674 Posts
I have relatives and friends in CO.....place looks like a desert when we go back there...OH that's right it is a desert!!! But Man I miss that million $ view of the Flatirons and the range we used to have from our front porch!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.