Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a navigation unit for use with my business. I am constantly traveling and the use of a GPS is priceless.

Is anyone interested in selling a Navigation Unit for a DISCO II? I will supply stock unit.

Does anyone know where to get Nav. units less than dealer prices?

Thanks.

·
2,986 Posts
I'd say go with an aftermarket solution.. either something like a Garmin all-in-one device, a palm pilot/pocketpc with GPS, or a different head unit with GPS built it. It'll be cheaper and the quality of the maps/directions will be A LOT better.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
The factory NAVs are quite good though- sometimes not having maps is easier because the maps are distracting. The best solution in my opinion is a Garmin Streetpilot, but if you WANT a factory NAV I've got a couple of them I'd consider parting with. One was never installed and one was used for 6 months.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NICE!

Please email me with any details. [email protected]

Thanks,

-Josh :D

I am a big fan of factory nav units because I like the factory look on the interior of the vehicle. Exterior is a totally different story...but interior I like factory. I have an Audi Allroad and love the factory Nav. alot better than the top of the line Alpine one I had custom installed in a 350Z before.

Thanks for all your help guys and being so helpful with a newbie to this website.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i just got that new Garimin its so nice and easy. and it has a battery so you can take it out and use it anywhere. also when the cars off it will stay on the battery which is nice. but man its easy, saves the address and its just sweet, you can even set it to British Accent, like your LR is speaking from the mother country.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.