Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. So, I've stripped the majority of the interior components of my Disco down to steel, I'm about to hit the rusty spots with a wire wheel disc, then hack out all the crap, reinforce certain areas and bed-line the whole floor. Long story short, I guess, the carpet is gone for good because I can't stand the thought of that soaked, rubber-lined foam crap eating away at my beautiful, fully repaired floors.

I'd always planned on doing the bedliner floor because I like the idea of the extra durability. This has got me thinking more and more about the interior of the vehicle in general. I'm looking at the sad-looking trim throughout, broken plastic pieces, missing/broken clips and what-not from the previous owner tearing it down, and I'm thinking about how nice it would be to completely overhaul the interior.

I don't have any actual experience with fiberglass or anything, but I've done bodywork on other vehicles, and I'm a pretty good fabricator/craftsman with decent welding skills, good woodworking skills, and I'm pretty artistic. I've done a bit of leatherwork as well.

What do you guys think about fabricating new interior components?
I'm hoping to make the interior basically bomb-proof, easy to clean, and have it be something that really wows people when they find out I made 90% of it from scratch.

I reeeeally don't want to put most of the trim back in, honestly.

Anybody know of any sources where people have done similar things to similar vehicles? (Yes... Even Jeeps, I guess..)
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Chad!
I know this thread is over a year old, I’m wondering if you are still on here. I have a very similar situation going on with a recently acquired D1. Rusted and busted. I was considering Berd-liner, at first. Now I’m thinking lizard skin, to add insulation. I too have a few holes in the floor, sliced out carpet and more broken components than I can count (and that’s only so far).
I’d love to see how your project has turned out, or is turning out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts