Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused Hi all i am looking at buying a nearly new 110 csw defender Td5 but i have heard that Land Rover has had some problems with this engine and that it also leaks water when it rains can anyone tell me more before i part with my cash I'm look for a 2003 -2005 model Many thanks Sparky

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
sparky1 said:
:confused Hi all i am looking at buying a nearly new 110 csw defender Td5 but i have heard that Land Rover has had some problems with this engine and that it also leaks water when it rains can anyone tell me more before i part with my cash I'm look for a 2003 -2005 model Many thanks Sparky
Hi Sparky!!! I would personaly hold off the Td5 purchase. The 110 csw in itself is a wopping cool purchase however I have found that the 300 Tdi is the most reliable engine option for the 110.The 200 Tdi is a great option for reliability as well however the 300 gives you all the power you will need with a higher resale value for yoour truck when the time comes!! The td5 is a BMW engine that costs BMW prices to get fixed. I had a td5 in my 90 and bought it because it was about 3k cheeper than the comperable 300. It was fairly reliable however twice as much to get repaired and needed repair twice as much.That may not be the case for most BMW powered Land rovers but it was for me. Good luck with your purchase. BTW where in cornwall are you?? I spend ALOT of time in cornwall and LOVE it!!!! :drink1:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
sparky1 said:
Yeah....so.......whats your point.......it's a land rover, and it's made to do all that sh!t :D

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
sparky1 said:
thanks for your sensible reply Series 3 guy.I live near Camborne do you do much off roading when you come down here ? Sparky
not as much as I would like as the trip for me is around £300 round trip for petrol!! That usualy doesnt stop me though. I have been around Dartmoor and exmoor for off roading and down tamar valley.Been to the St. Ives area.Looks like alot of greenlanes to exploor around there!! When we go it's usualy in the company car as we dont pay for petrol in that so when we go it's usualy off to the lost Gardens of Heligan and to the surrounding areas like Charleston and Falmouth and Mevigissey. I would LOVE to move there!! I have been to the Land Rover stealership in TRURO and it is small!!!! Still though you drive around and all the Landy's you see(and there are ALOT around those parts) are all from there!!Cool. I live in hope that I can convince my other half that it is a sensible move to leave the Filth of London behind and move to heaven on Earth.I am always looking at Estate agent web sites around the Titagel and Boscastle area. I sure hope I didnt put you off the Td5 option in that Landy....It wouldnt be in a land rover if it wasnt a sound engine to begin with.My experiences are perhaps not the same as most. besides there are tons of good Landy mechanice out your way!!! :drink1:

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
BTW - Ish and Griff are usualy sensible they just work realy hard at becomming professional Booze hounds.It takes alot of time and effort and ...let's face it....if any of us were sensible we would NEVER own a Land Rover to begin with. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Series 3 guy I'm off to Dartmoor tomorrow for a week but I'm going in my Volvo. I rebuilt a Series 2A about 10 years ago and have had the bug ever since .It will be nice to get on the green lanes again. I know what you mean about Cornwall i moved here from North London about 15 years ago and i would not move back A.T.B Sparky

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
sparky1 said:
Hi Series 3 guy I'm off to Dartmoor tomorrow for a week but I'm going in my Volvo. I rebuilt a Series 2A about 10 years ago and have had the bug ever since .It will be nice to get on the green lanes again. I know what you mean about Cornwall i moved here from North London about 15 years ago and i would not move back A.T.B Sparky
Fantastic- have a good time!! I'm off to Bakewell today in the Midlands for a week as well. Have a nice time!! :wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.