Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. i hope someone might be able to help me. i am working on a 99 disco series II. i have 3 trouble codes p0303 misfire cyl #3, p0301 misfire cyl#1, and p1300 i dont know what that one is. i have replaced intake gasket, spark plugs, plug wires to cyl 1 and 3, and injectors in cyl 1 and 3. i have good compression. i know i have spark i checked that. i am ready to pull my hair out. also it seems worse under a load. i also know the headgakets are ok. if anyone can help me i would GREATLY appriciate it. thx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check your compression on 1 and 3 again. Sounds like you have the sticky valve syndrom. Also you can hook up a vaccum guage and go for a quick drive. If you see the vaccum need "fluttering" then more then likely you have a stuck and or bent valve. Good luck. I have rebuilt my top end twice because of the symptons you are offering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
D1 had its own valve problem. LR redesigned the valve stem for the D2. However, the new stem design caused even more problems. The last time I rebuilt I went with an outside valve mfg. That was 30,000 miles ago and still running strong. :clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.