Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I just noticed that a nozzle sticking out the left rear side of my rocker cover appears to be missing a pipe - when i put my finger on it it has a vaccum - I cant see any pipe that may have fallen off - can anyone tell me where it connects to. The car is very "lumpy" when it idles and jutters above 55 mph -When i put my finder over the nozzle the idle speed changes.
Can someone with a series one disco take a photo of thier engine to show me where i need to run a pipe to. My email address is [email protected]

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Should have a hose that connects to the top of the valve cover on that side of the engine. Here you go:

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi still clueless!!!!
I can see from your photo the black pipe connected to the rocker cover but not where it should end up - in your photo is goes behind a fat pipe and then appears to go down into the cover (between the 2 pipes) - is that a correct assesment?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok checked out under the hood and can see what you meant. thats alot.

It doesnt seem to do anything at it appears to be blocked on the cover - what is the point of it - wouldnt it be the same as ptting a plug on the nozzle so that it does not suck any air in?

Would this be causing the car to jutter above 55mph?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you lost me again!!!

I dont have the pipe/tube - it must have fallen off. I will pick up a new one tommorow.

which end needs to breathe? The nozzle end was open and sucking in air. The place that it plugs into on the rocker cover appears to be a solid metal "spike" that the rubber hose plugs into and therefor sealed.

Are you saying that the valve cover end should be a hole that air can go through?

· Registered
10 Posts
HOSE - VALVE COVER TO RAM HOUSING ERR4258 $9.95 AtlanticBritish
HOSE - VALVE COVER TO PLENUM (UP TO XA) ERR5039 $12.95 AtlanticBritish

While you are at it, replace the one on the other side. Buy both.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.