Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95 Disco (55,000 orig. Mi.) has suddenly started to pick up all road bumps, small and large. The "ride" is good as far as sway and firmness. Takes curves well! I feel everything on the road though as far as bumps and holes. seems wobbly and unsturdy now on the highway when going over a road flaw.
Had the shocks checked (the orignals) by the local LR Mechanic and apparently they are ok. Mechanic replaced rubber bushings for springs. but it's still bad.
What the heck do I look for?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
At 10 years old with 55,000 miles on the shocks they are not OK, they are shot as is the steerin stabilizer. How long has it been since you had your alignment checked as well as your steering?
Go to a good alignment shop get the steering, alignment and swivels checked , put on a good set of OME shocks and you will be a happy person again.
Mike J.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I needed to hear!! I kind of suspected that. :drink1: I'll do it, and thanks for the help

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shocks? HELP!!

:wave: This Discovery is in Costa Rica, and The OME shocks are not available. The LR dealer here is recomending Armstrong shocks.
Anyone have experience with armstrong?
Or, Are the OME worth ordering paying freight and 60% duty?
Help!!
comments appreciated

·
Registered
121 Posts
gollie said:
:wave: This Discovery is in Costa Rica, and The OME shocks are not available. The LR dealer here is recomending Armstrong shocks.
Anyone have experience with armstrong?
Or, Are the OME worth ordering paying freight and 60% duty?
Help!!
comments appreciated
Are you getting a "kick back" through the steering wheel when you hit bumps?,if you are i would recommend setting up the pre-load on the swivels before spending money on new shocks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Suspension help

No, not really, Those bumps just feel twice as hard as normal
Thank you for the help. I´ll have them checked anyway!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts