Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a new ignition for a 93 LWB. Of course it is the only year that is not available to get new. My key broke in the ignition a while ago, it worked until now, it is now shot. If anyone has one please let me know, I need the keys with it as well.

Side thought, if I can not find an ignition, thinking about making it a push button. I have all the wiring diagrams for it but I know that it would be a mess to make it work but it might be my only choice. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
I have the ignition switch from a '93 LWB here at the shop. I can provide it with as many keys as you need. The last one I had sold for $150 on eBay. I'd be willing to let this one go for the same amount with two keys and include the cost of shipping as well. If you're interested I accept PayPal ([email protected]) or credit cards over the phone (203-770-1699) and can ship this out to you today.
Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul, having it sent to a locksmith that my local LR dealership uses for my problem. If they don't have luck rebuilding it I will be in touch. Thank you for getting back to me!

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Paul, having it sent to a locksmith that my local LR dealership uses for my problem. If they don't have luck rebuilding it I will be in touch. Thank you for getting back to me!
It is relatively easy to fix. Just remove the ignition lock assembly from the steering column and take the key barrel out. You can then push the old broken key section out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might try that actually p76. I just have a feeling that the tumblers inside the ignition are bad or worn down. I have another key I just don't want to make it any worse than it already is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
**Update: took it to the locksmith, had the ignition rebuilt and got 3 new keys, only ran me $125 and it works great. Before I had it taken there it wouldn't turn on even when the key turned, now, somehow it does. It's ready to be on Always Sunny!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.