Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno: Ok, I'm installing the Great Basin Rovers tailgate frame, I'm in the 'put it back together' stage, and I FORGOT HOW IT GOES!!! I know, I should have taken a pic or drawn it out, but, as I said, I am stupid. So... 1990 classic, w/central locking and third brake light. I have the brake light on, and the little box with the rods coming from the middle, and the central locking mechanism thing attached- I can't figure out the little white plastic thing, the little metal rod with the tube spring on it, or the circular spring and how it all hooks together w,/ the central lock plunger sticking out one end. Anywhere I can see a diagram, or a photo of this??????

·
Registered
449 Posts
i would take a pic for you but my lock actuator for the tailgate died long ago... the previous owner threw it away when it quit working. I could get you a pic of everything except the way the actuator attaches to the little white plastic thing. keeping this in mind, if you still want any photos, let me know.

by the way, is there any trick to getting the high mount tail lamp to function? i've checked the bulb, the connectors, and all the fuses in the panel but still can not get it to come on when i press the brake pedal. any idea?

pat herman, 1991 RRC

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, I think I have it figured out. For the stop light, I would trace the wiring from where it is plugged in at the bulb, up the glass and into the headliner area. There is another plug in on both sides of the glass just as it enters the headliner. One of those connections may not be plugged in. if the previous owner trahed part of the locking system, which share the same wires as the stop lamp, he may have unplugged it. -The drivers side is a ground, passenger side has the power...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.