Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Discovery 2, 95000 miles. about a month ago, the transmission went out in my car on the way to work and I had to start driving my Rover to work. since then it has developed some sort of ignition issue. Upon starting the Rover, particularly in cooler mornings around 40 degrees or less, when starting engine runs rough and frequently idles down as low as 400 RPMs fora few seconds, during the first 60 seconds, and has even died after starting 2 times, but restarted instantly upon retry. if I push down the gas too hard, you can feel the misfires and will actually decrease in speed. will not go above 70 miles per hour on flat ground, and will not go more than 55 up a grade or Hill.it takes quite a while to get up to highway speed, and has absolutely no power for overtaking another vehicle. Yesterday, for the first time after it was warm and only going around 50 miles per hour, the engine light started flashing and I begin to lose speed. I pulled over for 10 seconds the engine lights stop flashing and it was back to its typical problematic self, but not until 70or trying to accelerate or going up a hill, etc. forgive me for only being able to offer limited information. The dealership, that being the closest one, is about 100 miles from where I live and work. the code readers that have been plugged into my truck register ignition codes for multiple misfires, random misfires, misfire on cylinder 7 and another cylinder. Most of the codes could not be read by the equipment that is available. right now getting 13 miles to the gallon is optimistic. besides the fact that I drive 600 miles a week to work which cost a fortune in gas, I hate putting all these miles on my disco and eating up the tires. it honestly would not bother me that bad to just throw Parts at this thing until it magically ran the way I wanted it to, but I work 6 days a week and I don't have much free time, so that is not an option. your expertise would be greatly appreciated. to save you from having to ask, I have common sense, tools, and somewhere to work.I am also an electrician and I have a multimeter, so any testing would also be fine. Codes report, individually, that every cylinder detected a misfire, as well a bank 1 and 2 lean, incorrect 3rd gear ratio, random misfire.
Please save me!

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
REplace the Mass Airflow Sensor to resolve the third gear ratio issue.

As for the number seven misfire, first replace plugs/wires and hope it isn't head gaskets or block.

I probably have the MAF in stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I will look into the mass air flow sensor. as far as plugs and wires, if they function 100% at some point of time, they are functional. However, I do intend to replace the plugs and wires whenever I do what is necessary to fix the other issues. As I said in my post, I do not have enough time to fix something again and again. I would like to change as many parts as possible in one shot. I will get the recommended 8 millimeter magnecor, and I already have 8 Bosch iridium Fusion 4 prong spark plugs. I have read similar post to mine and they mentioned things such as a VSS, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, and O2 sensor. The codes are as follow:
P1300?
Hard to read the testers hand wrighting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.