Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a total noob, a noob looking for the ultimate suv. I have came to the conclusion, as many others have that Land Rover is were that machine is at. I am trying to decide between the disco 1 and a 96-99 rr and I cant seem to decide which one to go with. Both would be used for trips and generall around town driving, not to much off roading. I am very well convinced that reliablility is an issue with these vehicles, however I am wondering what the bigest problem areas are. It appears that if you conquor the electronic suspension issues there are not many other real prominent issues with the rr. I like to travel alot and need to be able to make it to were I am going with out having to tow my vehicle. should I worry about this with either of these vehicles. or are most of the issues preventable?

I have also heard that Land Rovers are fairly easy to work on and are made that way for a reason. Is that true of both vehicles and are the engines easy to work on, Ie in repair of oil leaks and what not. I ask becouse my audi is impossible;) also is it overly complicated compared to other vehicles to swap out an engine if need be. any imput on any of these questions would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.

·
2,986 Posts
For offroading I would definitely go with the disco since there is so many more aftermarket parts for it.

For luxury/town cruising I'd probably go with the RR.. but I have no first hand experience with their reliability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.