Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my 2006 LR3, I'm replacing the front lower control arms. That's going well and since I was doing that I figured that it was a good time to just do everything else within easy reach since I've got about 105k miles on it. So doing to tie rod ends and stabilizer bar links, all easy and I've got to get an alignment anyway.

But it's the driver's side stabilizer bar bushing, I can't figure out how to get to that top bolt. My socket or combo wrench just don't have enough room. Is it as simple as just getting an offset box wrench? I would really appreciate some advice here. Passenger side was super easy.

I'm also planning on doing the rear stabilizer bar bushings as well.

Thanks,

Wes

·
Registered
525 Posts
You just need the right spanner is sounds like... I am currently testing front lower control arm poly bushes (orange) and so far so good... last brand new control arms lasted less than 40k miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I just don't have a socket the can fit in that tight space. I've got to take it in for an alignment anyway and a tranny fluid change and filter (yay, $$) so I'll just let the dealer do that one bushing.

Yikes on the new control arms lasting less than 40k. Were those OEM?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yes, right from Land Rover, and I was pretty careful with them as well.. I almost always by genuine LR unless I can get OE stuff like Denso, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.