Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 6.5" speakers here I'm trying to install in the bottom speakers of my front doors. In my 2000 discovery 2 I have the harman kardon system.

I got the panel off my door and I'm confused on how I would go about getting the old speaker out of the panel. I don't even know where to start so if anyone has any experience in doing this and would be willing to help I would be very grateful.

I have pictures below if that helps anything.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You will need to pull the front lower door panel off, the one shown in your first picture.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I unscrewed all the screws I could find throughout the perimeter of the panel and for the most part the panel is ready to come off. But I believe there are 2 screws still holding the panel onto the rest of the door but I cannot find a way to get to them.

If you look at my second picture, above the speaker there are 2 screws that were put in from the other side (the screws with the black hexagons around them) I believe those are the two screws that are stopping me from pulling this panel off.

Am I correct on this assumption? If so how do I go about getting those off?

I'll be here ready to reply instantly. Meanwhile I'll keep troubleshooting.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have 2 6.5" speakers here I'm trying to install in the bottom speakers of my front doors. In my 2000 discovery 2 I have the harman kardon system.

I got the panel off my door and I'm confused on how I would go about getting the old speaker out of the panel. I don't even know where to start so if anyone has any experience in doing this and would be willing to help I would be very grateful.

I have pictures below if that helps anything.
In pic #1, the door pocket needs to come off.. pic. #2, there should be approx. 10 torx screws, which hold the pocket/trim on the panel.. remove the torx screws on the back side, then the trim/pocket on the front side.

Back doors.. pull the grill very easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.