Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently rebuilding my siezed 2008 LR3 4.4L and am having some conflicting information from the machine shop. The bearings were hammered from lack of oil. I sent the local machine shop the crank to be turned but they called me today and said that they couldn't find any oversized bearings for it. The dealership only gave them three different colors of rod bearings but no information on size. Are there oversized bearings available for this engine and what do the color codes mean? Any help would be appreciated as I already have to purchase all new rods and pistons and am hoping to salvage my crank.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
How much is the rebuild costing if I may ask?

Just curious as to average rebuild cost verses buying a good used engine from a late model vehicle wrecker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the components look good except for the pistons, Rods, and Crank. I'm replacing the Oil Pump just in case. I'm looking at around $1800 if I can get the crank turned and find the oversized bearings I need. If I can't get the crank turned then I will be looking at close to $3K for the rebuild. (DOING THE WORK MYSELF)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.