Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 99 disco 1 is not starting correctly and when it does start half the time it seems like its misfiring. i took it down to autozone and came up with the folowing codes.
p1509, p1507, p1206, p1204, p1201, p0207, p0206, p0204, p0201, p1186, p1185, p1177, p1316, p1314, p0430.
and after those codes it repeated these codes.
p1509, p1207, p1206, p1204, p1201, p0207, p0206, p0204, p0201, p1185.
after we got the codes i went to start it to go home and it wouldnt start. then the guy came back out and held the pedal to the floor. then it finally started but wouldnt idle. had to keep the gas pedal pushed for about 3 or 4 minutes befoure it wanted to idle. drove it home then and it ran fine. parked it shut it off. waitede a few minutes and tried to start again. it started but was not ideling down. it wanted to stay at about 1000 - 1250 rpm. till it put it in gear and then it went down and stayed down around 750 rpm. im at the end of my wits and i cant figure out whats goin on. any help will be very and greatly appreciated

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, disassembled and cleaned plenum chamber and replaced vacuum hoses and pcv valve. atfter all this its started fine but as it warmed up the idle would increase to around 1200 rpm. so i replaced the iac motor. didnt help the idle. other than high idle it ran fine.

yesterday i decided to run it up thru some trails. was only gone maybe 45 min and only went about 3 or 4 miles. got home and idle was high but ran fine the whole time.

this morning went to run up town real quick and it would not accelarate up hill and had a very bad loss of power. could only go about 15 mph up hill. i can not figure this thing out.

any help or suggestions would be very very welcome.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
First thing that jumps to mind with me is a fairly substantial vacuum leak. Air entering other than what is going through the throttle body and I.a.c.
Do you have access to a vacuum gauge? If so do you know what good reading is on your truck? I would think about about 17 -18 inches at idle, should drop to about half that but quickly recover to the 17- 18 mark on a snap acceleration
The next thing I think of is plugged exhaust?:serious

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought i would update this situation. about a week ago i took it to advanced auto and had the codes read agian. my thinking was start from the beginning and go down the listr and try to figure it out. there code reader pulled up 31 codes and 7 of wich was repeats. not long before maybe a month or so i had aquired a new computer and alarm from a junk 98 disco in the local scrap yard. just so i have it. well seeing 31 codes pop up got me thinking about swapping computers just to see what would happen. so this past weekend after some careful consideration i started swaping computers and alarms. as i was taking the old one out i noticed a sizable hole in the bottom of the caseing. so i took the cover off and in the corner was a big pile of oxide and road salt. ewwww. some of the connectioins on the board was extermly bad looking. i blew it out and put it back in and fired it up. no cigar. still ran like junk. so i swapped parts. and fired it up. started like a new rover. took her for a drive. OMG the power! it was running amazingly! took her back down to advanced auto and it had 1 code pop up. P0500 spped sensor malfunction. from the junk rover im thinking. cuz i konw mine is functioning fine. while i was at advanced i bought a code reader wich was on sale for 50% off. i cleared the code and no CEL since then and no power/engine problems so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.