Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all this is my first post :buttrock:

I'm installing these new speakers (Infinity Kappa 42.7i's) on my 95 disco.

They came with a crossover ,so I'd like to use it (especially when I think of how much I paid for the speakers) but for the speaker to fit with the crossover I need to take off the door panel and put it inside... How do I accomplish this?

I assume it involves taking off this door panel... but how do I do that? I see no visible screws on the panel and I think trying to just rip it off might be a bad idea. :dunno:

Does it involve taking off these screws VVVVVVVVVVV

THANX in advance everyone :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Don't go through the hassle of taking off your door panel. You should be able to follow the original speaker wire through your door panel to where it comes into your kick panels. I'd put your X-overs in each kick panel and use the existing wire. Will save you quite a bit of time, and will save you that pain in your ass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JamesVee said:
Don't go through the hassle of taking off your door panel. You should be able to follow the original speaker wire through your door panel to where it comes into your kick panels. I'd put your X-overs in each kick panel and use the existing wire. Will save you quite a bit of time, and will save you that pain in your ass.
Excuse my ignorance but what is an x over? And do you think the crossover will fit fine with the method you've explained?

Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JamesVee said:

Oh OK I just realized that the x overs are my crossovers... I feel a bit like a dumb ass now... ok but now I'm wondering how do I take off my kick panel? And by kick panel you do mean the pocket on the side of the door right?

·
Registered
112 Posts
The kick panel, is not on the door at all. You will find the plastic kick panel on the floor, just to left of where the driver's feet would be, and just to the right of where the passenger's feet would be. It's a plastic, triangular-shaped piece. Very easy to remove. Under those panels you will be able to find the speaker wire for both your stock 5.5's, which are found in your doors, as well as the speaker wire for the tweeters. This will be same for both driver and passenger sides of your disco. Feel free to ask questions, I don't mind helping out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.