Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into importing a Land Rover into the US... possibly several. Anyone in the UK, or any other part of Europe interested in doing something? I need someone I can trust, monetarily and in the sense that you won't ship me a piece of crap. Mostly interested in a Series Rover.. has to be 1981 or older.

Serg

· Registered
111 Posts
Export to the States

Hi Serg, Long time no speak-been very busy of late.

Try having a chat with some of these people:
www.southviewservices.co.uk
www.liveridge4x4.fsnet.co.uk
www.landrovercentre.com

Hudersfield Landrover Centre are especially good-they only source the very best Landrovers but of course this will be reflected in the initial price.
Liveridge 4X4 do some of the most amazing Series vehicles I have ever seen; Fancy electric windows disc brakes and power steering on your Series motor-no problem

Hope these help

Dave

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the leads gentlemen.. however what I am looking for is an individual that can help me out. These companies charge way too much for their product when it is to be shipped to the US. I know I can find some decent examples of what I want for under $5000 in the UK..

Serg

· Registered
32 Posts
Serg........i can tell you from personal experiance...you have to go look.......make a holiday of it......its a good reason to have a look...relying on others is bad at the best of times....i went and looked and i was very glad i did.....i found an excellent truck that i did import

just my 2c worth :) :)

· Registered
521 Posts
I agree with exmodlad Serg, save some money and plan your trip from here, look for cities and locations in order to see where are you going, what's close to it, how far from the airport will you be travelling.Plan hotel expenses, taxi cab expenses, etc.It sounds like a lot of things, but I'm almost shure it will be cheaper than having someone pre- select a vehicle for you and charge you for that.A good thing would be searchiong through auto trader-UK by putting certain cities on the search engine, for that you will need to know city post codes so it's better to sit with a map in front of you opened in another window of your computer, then look for codes through the UK postal service website, then you can play around with some cities so you can have an idea what's on the market there, the approximate prices , etc..It may take you a whole afternoon, but it can certainly save you some money.Just my opinion.
Thanks,
Carlos

· Registered
32 Posts
Carlos said:
I agree with exmodlad Serg.........It may take you a whole afternoon, but it can certainly save you some money.Just my opinion.
Thanks,
Carlos
it took me more like 6 months to do my investigations and homework before i went on "MY HOLIDAY" :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.