Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I broke my Key on my 02 DII and found the cheapest/easiest way was to replace the ignition. went in very easy, but shortly after I noticed my AC-Horn-and cruise no longer works. Checked all fuses and they appear to be good. Not sure how the new ignition would effect these items. Any suggestions on where I should start my search for the fix?

· Registered
35 Posts
maybe the Steering Rotary Coupler went out of maybe you didnt plug it back in?

i had to replace mine due to the horn not working. got one used off ebay for 35$. they are 300$ new.

· Registered
35 Posts
you will have to remove the air bag and steering wheel to replace it.

when you remove the air bag. it is best to unhook battery and and then remove the fuse and leave unhooked for 30 minutes before you work on it. to allow stored power to drain.

if you are not sure about removing the air bag yourself. you might have to take it to a mechanic.

there is a couple videos on youtube that show how to remove air bag and the steering wheel.

try starting the car and rotating the steering wheel and press the horn as you are turning it and see if it works. mine would work while i was turning the wheel but only in certain spots.

here is what the steering coupler looks like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.