Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did couple srearches on here and As always I can't find it my self as on other forum pages i can't and then get flamed for it .

SO anyway .

I would like to know How good is the 2" lift on ebay . those aluminum 2" lift blocks .

I have crap load of aluminum at work and Lathe with bridgeport available for my disposal .

If I'll find info on the dimentions of those bolt holes etc. I would not mind making a set for my self . Materials are for free and it's only my time .

But I want to know Pro's and Con's of this type of lift ?

Thanks . Art

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Pro!!!!! more space for larger tires!!, a little more flex!!!!

I have looked into these also...still trying to find out info!!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Art,
If you have over 40,000 miles on your truck, your springs have already dropped and are not worth doing anything with.
What do you paln to do with your truck and to what extent if it is wheeling??
Overal I would suggest you replace your springs and shocks, you get get 2"to 3"s and gain a better ride as well as a more functional truck off the road.
Here is a picture of my 99 with a 33" lift running 265/75/16's.
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Disco Mike said:
Art,
If you have over 40,000 miles on your truck, your springs have already dropped and are not worth doing anything with.
What do you paln to do with your truck and to what extent if it is wheeling??
Overal I would suggest you replace your springs and shocks, you get get 2"to 3"s and gain a better ride as well as a more functional truck off the road.
Here is a picture of my 99 with a 33" lift running 265/75/16's.
Good luck,
Mike J.
33" of lift? doesnt look that tall? :D

·
Proud to be an Infidel
1,137 Posts
Disco Mike said:
Art,
Mike J.
Mike J,
Is that correct? I had to read that line a few times.
Are you saying that at 40K miles we ought to be looking to buy new springs because these are now useless? That is a pretty sad commentary if this is true.....
Would you be kind enough to elaborate on this please?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think mike is just saying that after 40,000 miles the springs have settled and may sit a little lower than they started out. New springs will do this even after 500 miles even if they are OEM replacements. At this mileaage the springs still have a lot of ON highway use left in them, But they MAY have lost a little strength and new springs would give the improved ride and the lift desired.

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
Looks like I need to get new shocks soon then. I'll have to upgrade ;)

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
darkknight1999 said:
Looks like I need to get new shocks soon then. I'll have to upgrade ;)
So how many miles are on your truck?
If you are planning to do alot of off roading I would suggest springs also and well as the steering dampner.
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
jkb2002disco said:
33" of lift? doesnt look that tall? :D
Yes, you are right, I think I stretched the numbers a little, should be 3"s. When I measure the front and rear height of my truck from the ground to the top of the wheel well trim it is 37"s.

Mike J.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
jkb2002disco said:
Now I gotta go measure mine!!! Just to get a stock baseline anyway!!
So what are the measurements on your truck??
Mike J

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.