Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i might be buying an 95 disco I with roughly 200k on the odometer. the owner is a female that did not driving offroad at all. vehicle has all the service records and drove prety well when i took it for a test drive. its the SE7 correct me if im wronge but thats the loaded one? the only thing is that she said it has an exhaust leak. after looking threw it there seems to be a small leak around one of the headers and in the middle of the muffler. her asking price is 3k for it. is this too much too pay. im really new to the rovers so anymore input would be greatly apreciated. there is also a small amount of oxidation onn the hood.

how hard is it to fix the leak? could it be a driveway prodject with some minor tools?

thanks alot and always... RALLY ON!!

· Registered
188 Posts
The exhaust leak could be the collector, where the manifold mounts to the down pipe. Mine was leaking and just need tightening, so you should try that before buying. The muffler leak sounds like it might need attention at a shop.

If your serious about buying, I'd take it to an independant shop and have it looked over, so that you'll better know what your getting into. 3k doesn't sound like a bad price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.