Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just bought my 06 LR3 SE and i love it! but I've been reading around and learned how ignorant I really am to the greatness of this vehicle. Can you guys give me some tips and tricks about it and tell me some things to Watch out for. What does OEM stand for? Looking forward to your response.

Thanks Romellonhead

· Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
Welcome. The LR3 is an amazing vehicle. Spend some time reading on this forum and you'll learn all about your vehicle and what to keep an eye out for.

First off, OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer. Essentially, all the parts that came on the car when new and all the parts purchased from the dealership as replacement for the original parts are OEM. They are made to the manufacturer's specs. The parts that are not OEM and made by other companies are usually referred to as aftermarket.

If you haven't already, change the front and rear diff fluids. A lot of the earlier LR3s suffered diff problems. You can read about it on here. Diff fluid is cheap and a good preventative measure. The costly result of contaminated diff fluid could cost you thousands.

If your vehicle sags after sitting overnight, check the air suspension. Leaky airbags or valve blocks can cause your air compressor to run overtime and burn up. That could be a $600+ mistake.

Just spend some time reading on here and you'll know what to look for in no time.

Colin

· Registered
525 Posts
The transfer case and transmission fluid should be changed every 60k miles or so.. LR suggests the first service at a 150k however the fluid is rated for 60k in the transmission.

Install a new brake light switch if it has not had it done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.