Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my Dad gave me a 97 Landrover Discovery Sport a few months back that needs a bit of work. It needed a new battery so I got it one HOWEVER I didnt know I was supposed to turn it on when not driving it and it sat all Winter with the new battery in it, my Dad just stopped by with a new rear right tail light & jumped my car we left it on for 30 minutes and then he told me to turn it off and turn it on again and left promptly. Immediately after I turned it off I attempt to turn it back on and NOTHING. Wondering what I am supposed to do? Mechanics want to charge me and arm and a leg to just LOOK at it in my small town of Big Bear CA so that's out the window. I know I messed it up. Any advice? HELP- Bri

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
You could try jumping it again and driving around for five to ten minutes. Then head back home, turn it off, and try to start it again. That should be enough to charge up the battery for a start. If it does not start, then either the battery is bad or perhaps there is a problem with your alternator. Pep Boys, AutoZone or a place like that will test your battery and can jump it again if necessary. They can also read your codes.

·
very disco
1,312 Posts
Test alternator output and your grounds at the engine and battery. It would be worth seeing the voltage at your battery at rest and again after being jumped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts