Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right ive seen new everything for series vehicles except full bulk heads is it possible to get these, and where from?

I dont want one at the mo but I am planning a complete rebuild into a mental off roader in the summer and want to start with a fresh bulk head and galv chassis come to think of it a galvanised bulk head would be great :D

Any ideas??? Links etc?

·
Registered
317 Posts
SIIa-pilot,
Nah, I haven't seen any "new" ones for sale. Occasionally, you'll come across a NOS IIa or III bulkhead for sale. From what I've seen, these will usually command a price in the $1500 range.

When my truck was in pieces, I shopped around to see what it would cost to have my existing firewall welded up by a shop. Most places quoted me 30 hours at $60 an hour...works out to $1800. Amazingly, one of these shops was doing this for a customer with a series 3 as I walked in...when I could have found a series 3 firewall for $1400 or so at the time...

In any case, I ended up doing the work myself, with a lot of help from a welding pal. We ended up putting 40 hours into the piece...but it only cost me some beer...good deal.

I'm thinking of buying a little MIG setup now as I have a 109 that needs firewall work in the wings...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bulkheads

The wonderful people at east coast rover i think can create new bulkheads, or they can repair your old one to very high quality

1 - 3 of 3 Posts