Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just picked up a 04 discovery. Has 130k on it. Has a few issues I need help with. First when I bought it I was told and shown that the front drivedhaft had broken one of the u joints and torn the tranny pan. That was repaired but when I drive it at 30+mph it has a bad vibration when on the gas. Drives smooth when off. Was told it I'd probably the ball joint in the front drive shaft. Sound about right? Also has an oil leak coming from the drivers side of the engine bay. Around the power steering lines. Any common problems around that area known for oil leaks.any ideas will help. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question I removed the front drive shaft to try and double check if it was the front shaft making the vibration but when I removed it the truck wouldn't move. The output on the transfer case just spun. Should I still have been able to drive it or is it a limited slip transfer case. I put it in gear with it out and it just rolled

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.