Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hard Labor Creek Fabrication
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos of a couple of DII front winch bumpers we recently delivered. They will accept winches from a 8k up to a 16k Warn with remote or integrated controls. They are designed to use the factory 03'-04' fog lights, have two recovery points and can be made with an "A" bar, full brush bar or no bar at all. The Grey bumper has the corners painted similar to the 03'-04' bumpers.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
The overall design looks ok, but looking at the second photo my first thought is you need to hire a competent weldor. It seriously detracts from the look of the bumper.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I agree, nice design but it looks unfiinished because of the rough welds. It was the very first thing I thought of....

Sry but feedback helps the finishsed product evolve.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I Like it a lot and agree with Anti and DD2. Any pictures of them with the "no A-bar option"?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am going to go along and agree with everyone. It looks nice and looks functional but man I can weld better than that and I am a crappy welder.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm liking the looks. But I'm gonna have to side with the others, those welds are quite ugly.

Also, I think it might look better if you brought the brush bar down a little. It looks a little too high, but it might just be the pictures.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm liking the looks. But I'm gonna have to side with the others, those welds are quite ugly.

Also, I think it might look better if you brought the brush bar down a little. It looks a little too high, but it might just be the pictures.
Yes good eye, I agree. But I am sure you can have that custom made to a lower height...

·
Hard Labor Creek Fabrication
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We apreciate the comments good and bad. The welds do look terrible in the photos, in person they are ok. The shadows are definitly playing tricks with them.
I personally like the bumper with no brushbar and agree it could come down a little, but any more than 2 inches will start getting in the way of opening the hood and pulling the side bars into the lights.

Denny

·
laments the death of industrial strength soup spor
1,382 Posts
i would like to see it without the bars as well, also prices ect. with full bars, a-bar, no bar. your site only has your older style.

·
Going to Wisconsin
23 Posts
i'll agree with everyone about the welds and possibly lowering the bar a bit.
I'm located in SC and, if these problems are fixed, might be interested - if the price is right. Please PM me back, HLC Fab.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
We apreciate the comments good and bad. The welds do look terrible in the photos, in person they are ok. The shadows are definitly playing tricks with them.
Well, I've been welding for 30 years and I really don't think its "shadows".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts