Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

New to the LR world as far as wrenching on them goes. I have a 2004 or 2005 Land Rover Discovery and i'm wondering if anyone can help me out by telling me what software they use at the dealers for these cars. I was told they used something called T4 for the Disco II's and something called Gems for Disco I's, is this correct?

And also what do they use for what is called EPC (electronic parts catalog) at a lot of other dealers, what is the rover one called? I use realoem.com to look for BMW parts do we have anything like that over here?

Also my 04 or 05 Disco leaks a fair amount of oil, I noticed the valve covers look like they are leaking but how common on this on a car with 50-60K? I feel as if something else may be contributing because its a decent amount of oil for a valve cover. Little 12"x12" spots of oil show up in the garage after it sits for a little while.

Time to start doing some more research. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hi guys,

New to the LR world as far as wrenching on them goes. I have a 2004 or 2005 Land Rover Discovery and i'm wondering if anyone can help me out by telling me what software they use at the dealers for these cars. I was told they used something called T4 for the Disco II's and something called Gems for Disco I's, is this correct?

And also what do they use for what is called EPC (electronic parts catalog) at a lot of other dealers, what is the rover one called? I use realoem.com to look for BMW parts do we have anything like that over here?

Also my 04 or 05 Disco leaks a fair amount of oil, I noticed the valve covers look like they are leaking but how common on this on a car with 50-60K? I feel as if something else may be contributing because its a decent amount of oil for a valve cover. Little 12"x12" spots of oil show up in the garage after it sits for a little while.

Time to start doing some more research. Thanks for reading!
Research what year you have first! No such thing as a 2005 Disco. It's called a LR3.
No electronic parts catalog, but we do have RAVE. It's free and you WILL need it if your going to work on your LR yourself.
Yes, valve covers do leak (as does EVERYTHING else on a Disco). 12x12 sounds excessive, but you can SNUG down the bolts and see if that helps.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
What is microcat? Is that aftermarket?
Microcat is the EPC.

T4 is the older diagnostic computer that has pretty much been replaced by the Ford IDS Vehicle Interface.

AFAIK, there are no longer CD-ROM parts catalogs and subscriptions are only sold to those in the trade.

There are more and more suitable diagnostic platforms available now and while I have two rover-only scan tools, my Snap-On Solus Ultra has become my go-to scan tool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.