Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's my new baby, i just got her earlier tonight for $3,900!! :eek:
she's got a 3" full suspension lift and 33" interco trXus tires, a solid brush guard and i'm putting some hella's on her to brighten her up alittle.
let me know what you think. I'll have more pics up soon, hopefully some of her in the mud :clap:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcom appstate. Am I wrong to assume that you are in western Carolina? Nice looking truck. I look forward to seeing a few more pics. Sweet deal, I like that lift and the brush guard. What year, miles, any other mods?

·
4,576 Posts
My friend, Congratulations!...NICE truck and the price is unbeatable!!! You might want to cut those end caps. WHen you hit the mudd hard, they get pushed back and they rub against your tires. I cut mine off this weekend....

The brushguard...you might want to get some Spray On Liner on it so it lasts a little longer and doenst get all dinged up when you take her off road. I'd recommend some Rock Sliders with the step built into them. haha, My friends and mom have trouble getting in. I do to but I never admit it since it's what I had to sacrifice for more ground clearance...damn RUnning Boards were falling apart already anyway.

Nice truck man. And the blue is nice too. :clap: :clap:

Welcome to the fam! :wave:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, ya i live in charlotte,nc but goto appalachian state(in boone, nc, near the TN border). I considered side steps, b/c my mom also can't get in mine b/c its so freakin high lol. The ground clearance is amazing, alot higher than alot of my friends rigs w/ 35's and more lift. the guy gave a great price on it b/c he just wanted to get rid of it b/c he had too many cars(mercedes, and old buick w/ a 435, and about 3 other cars lol). Ya good tip on spraying the brush guard w/ a liner, would have never thought of that. It gets horrible gas milage(probobly around 10 or 11 mpg) any suggestions on how to improve that without sacrificing precious HP or low end torque? it has a 152k miles on, but all service and maintainence is well accounted for, i have all records and manuals and upgrades info. i love this board, i'm in love w/ land rovers already(only had mine for under 24 hrs lol). cheers.

- AppStateDisco

oh ya if anyone in western NC or eastern TN plays rugby, lemme know, i play for AHO Rugby(app state), we're always looking to schedule other schools and men's clubs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Beautiful ride. I saw some like that in Jersey for about the same price with no service documentation or the like. Sound like you got a good deal. The milage thing takes a bit of tweaking. I try not to run my a/c (unless it is really hot) and also accelerating a bit more gently is something I had to learn. Keep the filters and oil fresh, engine properly tuned and you will learn to tweak for a couple of extra mpg. What is the price of gas where you live? My reserve light came on yesterday and had to shell out fifty three bucks to top it off. They have a shameless thirst for premium unleaded. :rellye

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i try to stay out of traffic here in charlotte,nc. The price of gas is around 2.3 or so for regular i think, not quite sure, i just hit the button and fill er' up. it is expensive though. the guy who sold it to me said it needed new spark plugs so hopefully the new ones will make a difference when i get them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
very sweet ride indeed. I would like to see some 1" or 2" wider tires on that puppy thought. None the less, hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I have. I baby mine so much its pitifull really.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.