Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just wanted to share my new to me, disco. i just picked it up today. at first i wanted a range rover 4.6 hse, but when i saw this in the ad, i just had to have it. the color combo and the model. let me know what you guys think. enjoy

1996 Epsom Green Disco SE7
5 spd
brush guards
sidesteps
rear tail rails

some of the minor problems:
brake lights dont come on when i step on the brakes(one thing i overlooked)
one of the clips of the blinds broke off for the sunroof
the rear windows dont roll down even with the window lock? disabled.
the power switch for the driver seat is coming off. maybe need a new clip?
muffler is rusty and has a hole

other than those problems mentioned above, i really love my new disco. can't wait to take it off roading. is it ready for off road use? or do i have to do some modifications?

these pics are from the original owner, i'll try to get some better ones later

also have these:
1992 325i with full oem M3 conversion(aside from the 3.2L motor=( )

1996 Z3

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
The clips for the sunroof blinds...let me know where you find those if you can find them!!

Replace the mufffler with a $20 glass pack.

Welcome to the forum. Sit back. Relax. Enjoy some sheep. Let us know when the mod bug hits you. We're your only true friends. We'll be here for you when it happens. :D

·
MG
771 Posts
Welcome to LRO and the LR lifestyle!

Take it on some dirt roads, trails, maybe some hard-pack sand, climb up some sidewalks. Read the Off Road tips in this forum. Don't forget that LRs like to get pushed (otherwise they get depressed, sag, and start to fail bigtime). As is it'll outperform most of everything else out there.

Get ready for the addiction!

Don't mind RoverX's nasty sheep adiction, everyone knows that camelids are superior...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome dude, nice truck. My advice is for you to change every fluid in that truck asap. Oil, diffs, swivels if you don't have grease etc etc. These trucks love fresh fluid and you have no idea when they were last changed..

·
Registered
321 Posts
wow, i never knew the made the 5sp for the SE7, always thought it was the SD models.... guess not enough of them around for me to know any better.
Good luck with it and enjoy. You'll want to make sure you can move your CDL into the different positions too before you take her out.
take care
sam
btw. most hard core landroversonly.com forumers have sheeps, best to get yourself a sheep to be part of the in crowd ;) :lol:

·
Registered
298 Posts
roverX said:
The clips for the sunroof blinds...let me know where you find those if you can find them!!

Replace the mufffler with a $20 glass pack.

Welcome to the forum. Sit back. Relax. Enjoy some sheep. Let us know when the mod bug hits you. We're your only true friends. We'll be here for you when it happens. :D
Sunroof shade clips...$8 at Roverconnection.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the LR world. Panels for the seat switch can usually be found on eBay. That's were I got mine from and have sen them severla time sence.
One thing you will learn fast about Rover ownership is only buy from a LR dealer as a last resort. In most cases the same or better parts are available from independent supplies for less $$$'s

Frank

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Welcome to the site.

As for the brake light issue try replacing the fuse and then make sure your fog lights are off, both front and rear, I have the same problem with my 97 Disco SE7. Everytime I turn on my fog lights the fuse blows and I lose some of my lights. I just leave the fog lights off for now until i can look into the problem more, I know it has to be a short somewhere along the way, just havent felt like going under there to fix it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
roverX said:

"Sheep"...almost sounds normal now. Pretty freaky....... :confused

Anyhow, welcome "MyFirst" :eek: .....oh, sorry...MyFirst Disco

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey hey... same disco as me, same year and colours as well except mine is auto !! however mine had a broken sunshqde clip, broken seat switch , oh yeah and the alignment was wayout on the front end, apart from taht we love it;

Welcome and enjoy. :buttrock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.