Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to get a great deal on a new 04 disco. Any thoughts or things I should watch out for? Or things to look for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Buy it & enjoy! I think the only thing that you need to watch out for on a NEW 04' would be pedestrians and "the other guy". Add rocks, water, & mud, shake well & enjoy! Thank You, LRW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bargain w/ 'em

Just remember to bargain with them into adding in brush gaurds, roof racks, and the ladder in the back...or more if you can. The accessories are expensive if you try to get them after buying the vehicle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
O5 coming soon

I am very curouis about the new LR3. Has anyone test drove it or actually seen it. I understand it will be in the show room soon?

·
Registered
321 Posts
saw one on the street here couple of days ago... had the dealer plates so am assuming someone was taking it for a test drive... it pulled up right beside me at the stop light and was looking at it... it looks ugly IMO. almost looks like an xterra.
tbill.. congrats, looks very nice
take care
sam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lr3

They had a bunch of them at the dealer here in seattle, and I did drive one. Actually the lr3 was what took me to the LR dealership because it looked so cool. Ended up with the Discovery because of the huge savings the dealer threw at me. The LR3 is way nice, very smooth. The engine is hands down better than anything out there; power everywhere you need it and like a said: smooth.

Inside is a lot bigger over the disco...but a bit more mainstream. The whole car although very nice, is just kinda plain. The adjustable air suspension and the Terrain response were impressive as well.

Might sound stupid saying this having just bought a new Discovery, but the LR3 would probably have been the car I would have bought if I wanted to spend 50k. But until that time I love my Discovery!

·
Registered
3 Posts
lr3 impressions

Wasn't sure I like the looks of the LR3, but it has grown on me to the point that I just put down a deposit on a Bonnati gray HSE due to arrive in mid-December. Might add that I ordered plenty of accessories to "rough up" the looks a little. (brush guard, lamp protectors, running boards, expedition roof rack, door rub strips, etc.) That should make it look more like a Land Rover.

As for driving impressions, I was very impressed. Extremely smooth engine, great ride. Not as quick as my 2004 RR, but much more fun to drive than the Land Cruiser I will now surely sell.

The interior of the LR3 is terrific. Couldn't ask for much more. Should be a great vehicle for use as a daily driver.

As for other vehicles, I considered just about every other high-end SUV, and none of them compared to the LR3 in my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dougee said:
Wasn't sure I like the looks of the LR3, but it has grown on me to the point that I just put down a deposit on a Bonnati gray HSE due to arrive in mid-December. Might add that I ordered plenty of accessories to "rough up" the looks a little. (brush guard, lamp protectors, running boards, expedition roof rack, door rub strips, etc.) That should make it look more like a Land Rover.
quick deliveries you have over there :D
I ordered mine the 2nd of Nov and the car will be delivered in april.
Untill then I'll enjoy my Freelander :)
cheers

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice!!

I have the silver 2004 SE. They are good in the mud, but a pain to keep clean. You will go crazy trying to keep you truck clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts