Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
very disco
1,637 Posts
Shoot. My D2 gave my wife a little trouble on a hot start the other day. Looks like I’ll be traveling down that road sooner than I anticipated as well.
Get after it!

·
Registered
2002 Land Rover Discovsry
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Shoot. My D2 gave my wife a little trouble on a hot start the other day. Looks like I’ll be traveling down that road sooner than I anticipated as well.
Get after it!
Well let me tell you, she fires right up now! New sensor worked like a charm. But man was that an absolute bitch of a job haha. It is 100% a two person job to reconnect the electrical connector. I couldn’t do it without the wife pushing down from the engine bay, and me pushing the new sensor connector up. It also helps that she had small hands haha. I don’t even have pictures but it wasn’t a glorious job. But the truck is reliable now and that’s what matters.

Oh also reverend, it will 100% get worse. Mine went from running, to not hot starting, to won’t fire up at all after sitting over night in the driveway. All in the span of a week. Amazon has them for $48. So cheap insurance and like a 2-3 hour job for peace of mind.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Also, question for the group. I’m getting the M and S flashing only when I get on the acceleration really hard. Any ideas as to what it could be? I just changed the CPS, so I don’t think I could have screwed that up bad enough to hurt something. I just bought a new battery last night, since the old one was from 2015, and then noticed that the battery cables are corroded about half way up the cable so ordered some new cables as well. Anything else you guys can think to check?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok! New stuff has been accomplished!

New lucky8 front drive shaft has been installed. Not a hard job by any means, but dirty. And having a wife around to pop the car in neutral and spin the drive shaft to an accessible position every couple of minutes was super helpful haha.

Then I did a full transmission fluid change. Fluid, filter, o rings. The whole nine yards. I was hoping it would get rid of the m and s codes under hard acceleration but that was too good to be true. I have a feeling it’s the battery cables, which are in the mail so we’ll see.

The ol girl is getting more reliable by the day!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts