Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suprised my wife today with a new Mini, I thought some of you guys might like to see. :D

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Very nice.....Now what did you get me? your new adopted son?...you cheap bastard you forgot about me!!!! See how you are..... LOL :D That's a nice ride you got her!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funrover said:
Very nice.....Now what did you get me? your new adopted son?...you cheap bastard you forgot about me!!!! See how you are..... LOL :D That's a nice ride you got her!
OOOOOHHHHH JEEEEZE......I did forget, listen I left her old Mini at the dealer with your name on it.....he will probably let you have it for a few $$$$ more than the 20k he gave me for it..... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...Suzi's 1st mini was a little conservative.....this one is really sweet with the aero kit and all the trim painted boby color instead of black.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
lshill05 said:
OOOOOHHHHH JEEEEZE......I did forget, listen I left her old Mini at the dealer with your name on it.....he will probably let you have it for a few $$$$ more than the 20k he gave me for it..... ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Series 3 guy said:
Nice!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure no one tries to strip this one in your drive!! This one is super sweet. :buttrock:
YYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKS......yeah thats for sure. :shifty: I really wish I had a bigger garage. But I'm not ready to throw out any of the other 3 quite yet.
I did install a chime that rings in the house when ever someone drives or walks down the driveway. F'ers
I posted those lovely pics here for those of you that don't know what he's referring to.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Paging Mr. Gotrocks!

i'm with funrover, ishill, where's my giftie? i know you've got cash to burn, so send some this way. actually, why don't you just buy my wife's Disco? even out the auto show in your driveway....

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GriffSC said:
i'm with funrover, ishill, where's my giftie? i know you've got cash to burn, so send some this way. actually, why don't you just buy my wife's Disco? even out the auto show in your driveway....
LOL....cash to burn????? no such thing......it's just that my prioities are all F'd up......lol
PS. my wife never really loved my Disco's. However she seems a little too comfy in my Rover, soooooo that's why I'm trying to divert her attention with a flashy new Mini........lol..I know I'm an asshole right?

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
After looking at the other pics i would hide the new mini!!!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jkb2002disco said:
Vey sweet ride man. Just not very family friendly!!!
No, wait it is a great family car, just look at my sick logic:
Rover - my car used for family stuff, offroad, beach etc.
Mini - wife's car ,and her sports car, used for wife and daughter to tear up town when I'm not around....(read most of the time) it is also great for the three of us.
Porsche - This is our disfunctional family car, they both love it. I was suppose to sell the vette when i bought this one....never quite happened.....hmmmmmm.... my wife who is a great driver, is a little too intimidated by this car to enjoy driving it....I think she has driven it once.
Corvette - I bought this car new about the same time as i met my wife, she is emotionally attached to this car and doesn't want me to sell it anymore, she also likes to drive it occassionally in nice weather, again wife and daughter tearing up the town together when i'm not home.

So ya see the mini is a perfect fit in my dumb ass way of looking at **** like this.......I can rationalize ANYTHING.....lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
lshill05 said:
my dumb ass way of looking at **** like this.......I can rationalize ANYTHING.....lol
Hi there. Nice to see another fellow loony. It makes me feel I can justify my lunacy too!! If you think you can rationalise yours, I think I am the king of twisted rationalisation!! Look at my line up of sh1t below and see how I can justify it!

2B. Camper used to go to Landy shows because it's better than a tent. Used twice or three times a year. Can't sell because I made the whole thing myself. It's a one off and is the dog's bollocks.

TACR2 Range Rover Fire engine. Great family car now it's converted into an estate. Kids love it because it's in Black and green cam and it looks the dog's bollocks. A real intimidator. Used because they like it and the wife can drive it because it's basically a RR. A few outings a year.

Lwt. Built it myself out of bits, converted it, converted it again, then rebuilt it again. Done 500 miles in 3 years. Nice when hoodless, and great for shocking the boy racers but spends virtually all its time on the drive. Axles get polished every year. A project vehicle only. Why do I keep it? Because I made it to my specification and there's not another like it. In other words, it's the dog's bollocks.

MG V8. Like the 'vette, this has emotional attachments, having bought it soon after meeting my wife, back in '85. Only does 200 miles if that, a year. Spends its time in the garage. Again, it's the dog's bollocks.

RR LSE Autobiography. This was a must have. It was build by LR Special Vehicles, is bright red and is trimmed in red and black leather. One of a kind and very rare. It's my personal transport and is absolutely lush. Wife not allowed to drive it. (Thing is it hardly gets out because I am always in the Company **** Hilux, ). It is the dog's bollocks though.

Mitsubishi Delica. This is the wife's transport and I am happy with this arrangement as she doesn't get to spoil my metal!!

PT Cruiser. Actually this has gone now. The Mitsu has replaced it. Nice motor but cost too much in upkeep and depreciation.

There; and as I am usually driving the **** Hilux from the Company, all the time, (which is still better than the car alternative though), they don't even get an airing to go to work and back!

One chappy before mentioned about having loads of money. Well maybe I would if I hadn't bought all this metal. And what's more, if I had any more money, I would probably buy more of these things. Loopy logic or what? It keeps you poor that's for sure.

Cheers, Robin

·
Registered
46 Posts
rmuller said:
Wow! Thats quite a collection, any pics of the rovers? They sound pretty unique.
Hi there, yes I have some pics. I will try to up load but the file sizes are too large at present.

Cheers, Rob

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GriffSC said:
don't forget to upload a pic of your dog's bollocks, too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PS...i really do want to see all of these pics

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.