Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've gone through my midlife crisis a few years early... 21... and i am selling my cruiser bike right now and will have about 8k to sink into a disco. i was thinking 94-96 would be best for my price range. i'm also a off-road n00b and would like some "internet idiots guide to not getting stuck in the mud" articles if possible, thanks. i am taking a look at a 98 disco 90k for 8,000$ in a few days along with a 96 disco 80k for 7,500$.

it'll be used during college years so low mileage... but 1/4 of that time will be off road probably. help i'm a n00bie and i can't help myself, feel free to link me to death. starting with a stock disco, what is a good starter mod if i plan ot offroad small creeks/muddy roads (no boulders). thanks.

austin

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome, Do you like to work on your truck on a very regular basis? If you do, the Discovery is the truck for you! 8k should get you a decent 96-97 Disco 1, try to get one w/complete maintenance records & look it over well, read a few threads regarding D1 purchase, buy it, add fluids, shake well and enjoy! A stock D1 will suprise you w/its "natural abilities", so most mods occur "as needed" to tailor the vehicle to your requirements. My family & I really enjoy the Rover, it's a great vehicle! Enjoy, LRW.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts