Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i am haveing no luck with getting my idle correct. I took it to the dealer to get it checked out and they have no idea why the stepper motor light is comeing on. I have changed all these parts and all are brand new oem. tps,new injectors,new fuel pressure regulator, new stepper motor, new distribtutor, wires,plugs, basicaly the whole top end was rebuilt new. new o2 sensors and so on. what the problem is when you put it in drive it goes in to stupid mode and wants to loose its idle and stall and the stpper motor light comes on but when you are driveing it,it is fine? any help on getting this fixed would be great. please email me if you have any ideas on how to fix this problem. thanks George

[email protected] :confused

· Mod. --- I'm watching you
319 Posts
So your saying if you start the truck and put it in drive and just sit there it will stall but if you put it in drive and go its fine until you stop and then it stalls again??

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the idle is at 650 to 700 in nuetrual, and the code that comes up is number 48. But after a little bit it goes to low cam idle and wants to stall. i wonder if i have the computer reset would it make a difference or is it my injectors causeing the problem, they are running at 22lb and that is what it calls for. or can it be timeing? my fuel pressure is good. and the o2 sensors are new and they are reading -10 and -11 and they should be at +1/-1. so what it is telling me that my fuel is running lean?. any help would be great. thanks agian

George :buttrock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.