Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is spencer and i kinda stumbled upon this website through google, good thing i found it i was starting to wonder if there was a big message board for land rovers...anyways here are my toys...

that is the race car, 1985 mazda rx7 power'd by a small block chevy (vette 350)

1996 land rover discovery (as if you didnt know)

thats all for me!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any particular reason you replaced the rotary with the 350? What type of racing do you do? I used to have an Opel GT that I always wanted to convert to rotary. There was a guy in town that built them for autocross, and if memory serves he got them up to around 240hp, and the redline on rotaries is awesome. Anywho, nice cars!

-Coach

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
rotaries arent my type of thing, hard to tune, hard to get reliable. for instance the 90hp rotary in my car blew up (lost an apex seal) so i replaced it with a 425hp american monster... :D (btw small block chevys are cheap, rotaries are not even close to cheap) and its basically a drag car...used to auto x it when i had the 5 speed in it, since then ive put in an automatic and converted it all to drag...i hope to build another one with a ford 2.3 litre turbo powerplant for auto x :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.