Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Not only am I new to the forum but I'm new to trying to buy a land rover. I've liked the brand for awhile (their style, history and capabilities all interest me) and recently I have been thinking about trading in my car for one. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice or point me in a direction on the Discoverys. The 3rd and 4th gens appeal to me most but I wasn't sure if a certain generation/model year is better than the other in regards to performance and reliability.

thank you!

·
Expert Crate Digger
367 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
What do I know... I'm on my 2nd Disco 2. lol

·
Premium Member
2001 Discovery Series II SE7, w/SAI and without SAI
394 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Do not get rid of your daily driver!

·
very disco
2,211 Posts
welcome to the forums!

this is a complicated question likely to be wrought with different opinion lol. having had d1, d2, and d3, I can honestly say D2 is my favorite due to it's rugged prowess and aftermarket following. that being said, D1 and D3/4 are also very capable.

I would say D3 will offer best bang for your buck as D4 are still pretty expensive. any LR you buy will likely need time/money invested, and a D2 or D3 will be much less costly than a D4. a D1 is a great option if you love the utilitarian look and feel, but it's not as flashy as any of the later builds.

and like mike said, you'd better have a daily driver! once upon a time I had only D1 and D2, no other vehicles... and wouldn't you know it, they both laid up at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts