Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys

I am new in the forum since Iam in the process of geting a Serie IIA 109 SW with safari top, this will be my first experience with Land Rover so I am exiting and terrify as well, the truck is in pretty good shape, the body is straigth, no rust at all (body or frame) very complete, the bad thigs are that it has been sitting for about four years, I do not know how is the engine or gear box, but the owner said to me that the truck was running fine untill a brake failure that cause him to parkred, my first check out reveal a stuck cluth pedal and a little play in the stering wheel that appear to come from the stering box I will check it today with a friend that know them well, so I will post again with more info.
Enjoy your rides

Roberto :wave:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome Robert in time post a few pics of your beast so we can have a look at her and hopefully we can all be of some help to you

Adam :beer:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome! I too am a new owner to a land rover which has been parked outisde under a tree for about 8 years.

Can anyone offer the pros and cons to puchasing old factory manuals (like the 1969 Land-Rover Series II & IIa Workshop Manual 2 Vol Set I found on Ebay) versus the one offered new?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Esha,
I'd get the new ones merely because they will contain all of the supplements that the original ones might not. Additionally, if you have a late IIa like I do, some of the stuff isn't covered in the earlier manuals.

Also, it's nice to have a shop manual that only has *your* greasy thumbprints on it..heh.

Bogatyr

·
Registered
12 Posts
Buying a new II/IIa workshop manual was the best thing that I have done there is nothing that has helped me more with the constant fun of been up to my elbows (and more) in A series engine parts.

Longland: if your still stuck with your clutch a generous amount of oil in the gearbox and a few good kicks on the pedal freeded mine up a treat with no problems since.

Tango

1 - 6 of 6 Posts