Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:laugh

At the gas station. 2 guys in a new Land Rover Evoke stopped in traffic opposite the pump. Both were looking at my older Discovery. The guy says "WTF is that a Land Rover" and his freind says "yea that looks pretty good" and he says "Pretty good? That looks better than mine WTF!" and his friend says "Yea but his is old" and something else I didn't hear then he said something like "Why the F didn't they have that when we went" and his friend says something like "They did it's a Discovery" and he says "yea but it didn't look like THAT". And he says "yea but his is custom yours is new"

I am not making this up ..

I told people on the other forum (maybe that's why I was banned and never explain why) the newer Rovers just don't have "it" and they look like Glorified cookie cutter Kias...

I am just saying ... and when a guy pulls up in a new fresh off the lot Rover and says this ....

Not saying all people feel like this but I think it pretty much confirms something .. another new Rover guy in traffic asked what year is that.

New Land Rovers are constantly pulling up and checking out my older ride. Constantly. I think this helps support my opinion the newer Land Rovers just don't have the offroad appeal the older models do. Anything past the LR 4 . .. Am just not seeing the appeal coming from Land Rovers new models anymore ....

Just saying.

·
Expert Crate Digger
240 Posts
Your story doesn't beat my story of driving my Disco 2 to a Land Rover dealership in Atlanta and having the salesman ask me what year was my Jeep. Ay Caramba!

Reactions: Mr.ChevyGuy

·
very disco
1,408 Posts
back in the day, i took my 97 disco to the dealer for a trade-in offer, and the salesman told me "we can probably help you out, because land cruisers are in high demand right now"

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your story doesn't beat my story of driving my Disco 2 to a Land Rover dealership in Atlanta and having the salesman ask me what year was my Jeep. Ay Caramba!
Ha ha .. :grin that's funny ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently got a '00 Disco 2 to park next to my '08 LR3... now, all the new LR dudes that come by are even MORE confused... I too get comments, even in the LR3!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts